Doha Guides Team regularly reviews this article to ensure the content is up-to-date and accurate. The last editorial review and update was on 06 May 2023.
During the FIFA World Cup 2022, Qatar introduced a mandatory Fan ID called the Hayya Card to facilitate entry for international and local fans. Through Hayya’s online platform, over a million visitors obtained Hayya Cards during the tournament.
In 2023, Hayya Portal has been rebranded and upgraded with additional features to become a single portal for all tourist and business visas to Qatar.
This article will discuss everything you need to know about the Hayya Card, including the requirements and step-by-step process on how to apply for different types of visa on the Hayya portal.
- Tourist Entry (A1)
- GCC Resident Entry (A2)
- Entry with ETA (A3)
- Entry for Companion of GCC Citizen (A4)
- Hayya With Me (C)
- 1. Passport
- 2. Accommodation
- 3. Passport Size Photo
- 4. Residence Permit (in some cases)
- 5. Visa Fee (if applicable)
- 6. Hayya Entry Permit
- 7. Return Flight Ticket
- 8. Health Insurance
- How To Get Physical Hayya Card
- How To Download Hayya Card
- Hayya Card Mobile App
- Hayya Card Registration on Mobile App
Hayya Card Latest Updates
On 16th April 2023, Qatar Tourism relaunched the Hayya Platform as a single portal for all tourist and business visas to Qatar. Visitors who require a visa to enter Qatar can apply through the Hayya Platform, which now offers several visa types. This article has been updated with the latest visa types available on Hayya.
What is Hayya Card?
Hayya Card is a personalized and secure identification document issued by the State of Qatar to visitors who apply for an entry permit through the Hayya portal. The digital card has details including the cardholder’s name, photo, status, Hayya number, passport number, QR code and other important information.
Hayya Card was initially launched as a Fan ID issued for those attending the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™. It was available in digital (mobile app) and physical (printed card) formats.
Do I need a Hayya Card to enter Qatar in 2023?
The requirement for all visitors to have a Hayya Card was removed after the FIFA World Cup. In 2023, visitors to Qatar can use the Hayya portal to apply for various types of tourist and business visas to enter Qatar. Once their Hayya application is approved, they will receive a Hayya Entry Permit and can access their Hayya Card on the mobile app.
Visa Types Under Hayya Platform
The following entry visas are available on the Hayya Platform from April 2023:
Tourist Entry (A1)
- Visas of this type allow visitors to enter the country for visits and tourism purposes.
- Visa fee: QR 100 (exception applies for certain countries).
- Accommodation (exception applies for certain countries): (1) Hosted by Family & Friends or (2) Booking from Discover Qatar.
- Permit validity: 30 days from issue.
- Duration of stay: 30 days from arrival.
READ: How To Apply Qatar Tourist Visa Online
GCC Resident Entry (A2)
- This type of visa allows entry for GCC residents.
- GCC Resident Permit should be valid for a minimum of 3 months from arrival.
- Visa fee: QR 100.
- Accommodation requirements: If the job title is not listed: (1) Hosted by Family & Friends or (2) Booking from Discover Qatar.
- Permit validity: 30 days from issue.
- Duration of stay: 30 days from entry.
READ: How To Apply For Qatar Visa For GCC Residents
Entry with ETA (A3)
- This type of visa allows entry for visitors who already have a valid Schengen, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or UK visa or residency.
- A copy of a valid visa or residency document is required.
- Visa fee: QR 100 (exception applies for certain countries).
- Permit validity: 30 days from issue.
- Duration of stay: 30 days from entry.
Entry for Companion of GCC Citizen (A4)
- This type of visa allows entry for visitors accompanying a GCC citizen visiting Qatar.
- Visa fee: QR 100.
- A companion cannot travel to Qatar alone. They must travel with their sponsors.
Hayya With Me (C)
- This is a special scheme where an approved international Hayya 2022 holder can invite 3 other international guests to visit Qatar.
- A “Hayya With Me” voucher code is required.
- No payment is required.
- Accommodation is required: (1) Hosted by Family & Friends or (2) Hotel booking.
- Multiple entries are allowed until 10 January 2024.
- Last date of stay: 23 January 2024.
READ: How To Apply For Hayya With Me
Benefits of Hayya Visa
Applying for a Qatar visa through Hayya platform offers several benefits:
- The Hayya portal will unify visa processes for tourists, GCC residents and companions travelling with GCC citizens.
- Visa application processes are transparent, easy to apply for, and follow-up is easy.
- Hayya holders can get e-gate entry at Hamad International Airport.
- For those entering Qatar via land at the Abu Samra border, the Hayya platform will provide a pre-registration option for faster entry for vehicles.
- The Hayya platform also provides further services including maps, transportation options, offers and current events.
Hayya Card Requirements
The following are the requirements to apply for a Hayya Card Visa:
Visitors travelling to Qatar using Hayya will need a passport valid for at least three months after arrival in Qatar. A scanned copy of the passport’s photo page is required for the Hayya application.
- The scanned file should be in JPG or JPEG format and less than 2 MB.
- The Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) code should be visible. Otherwise, the application will be rejected.
- When cropping the document make sure that no information is missed.
Visitors arriving in Qatar using a Hayya visa must confirm their accommodation plans. Accommodation requirements vary according to the type of visa you are applying. There are exceptions form some visa categories and nationalities.
Hosting by Family and Friends is allowed for most Hayya visas. A Qatar resident should register his property on the Hayya portal and add international guest to it. This should be done before the applicant squbmits his Hayya application. As of April 2023, a Qatar resident can invite up to 5 guests to his property.
If there is no Qatar resident to host a visitor, hotel reservations can also be made from hotels or through platforms like TripAdvisor. In some cases, hotel bookings through Discover Qatar website may be required.
If you are staying in a hotel, accommodation details including proof of booking, should be uploaded to the “Upload Other Platforms Booking” page on the Hayya portal.
A visitor should have his accommodation details, including address and contact information, available before travel.
3. Passport Size Photo
A high-quality recent passport-size photo is required for application. The photo should meet some quality requirements:
- The photo size should be 30 (W) x 40 (H) mm. A minimum resolution of 720 px is required.
- Only JPEG or JPG images must be used. The file size should not be more than 2 MB.
- The photo must be in colour and less than 12 months old from the application date.
- The background should be plain white or light grey. The face must take up 70% or 80% of the photo.
- The head must be centred. Do not tilt, turn or roll the head. The eyes should not be closed or covered by hair.
- The expression must be neutral. Do not squint, frown, smile or use any other expression.
- Do not wear sunglasses or tinted/ coloured glasses.
- Your eyes must be clearly visible in the photo if you normally wear glasses.
- The photo should not be blurred. It should have sharp focus and the correct exposure.
- The photo should not be too dark or too light. No overlighting, shadows or glare.
- If you wear a head cover for religious reasons, your face must be clearly visible. Do not wear a hat, cap, or headband.
We suggest that you use a professional quality photo and avoid mobile phone selfies.
4. Residence Permit (in some cases)
If you are applying for a GCC Resident Entry or Entry with ETA, you will need to upload your Residence Permit Card or Residence Visa to the Hayya platform. The RP Card or Visa should also be valid during entry to Qatar.
5. Visa Fee (if applicable)
Some types of visas under the Hayya platform, such as Tourist Entry, GCC Residents Entry, Entry with ETA etc. require a visa fee (some nationalities are exempt). Hayya With Me is issued free of cost, but requires a valid voucher code.
In addition to the passport, residence card, and accommodation details, the following are also required during travel:
6. Hayya Entry Permit
Once your Hayya application is approved, you will receive a Hayya Entry Permit with all your details. The Entry Permit is required during entry into Qatar.
7. Return Flight Ticket
Almost all types of visas under the Hayya platform require a return flight ticket during entry. This is not required if the visitor is coming by land border.
8. Health Insurance
According to Qatar Government policy, all visitors are required to obtain a visitor health insurance through a MOPH-approved provider. Basic insurance policies cost QR 50 for 30 days. This need not be taken during the Hayya application stage, but should be shown during entry.
Hayya Card Application
The following items should be ready before applying:
- Scanned copy of passport photo page
- A high-quality passport-size photo
- Emergency contact details
- Scanned copy of Residence Permit Card or Residence Visa (in some cases).
If you are staying with Family & Friends, your host should have added you to his property’s guest list on the Hayya portal. Or else you should have booked your hotel and uploaded the details to the Hayya platform.
How To Apply For Hayya Card Visa
Step 1: Go to Hayya Qatar’s official website
The website link is: www.hayya.qa
Step 2: Click on “Apply For Hayya”
This option is available in the middle of the page. Alternatively you can click on “My Hayya”.
Step 3: Create your Hayya account
You will see an option to “Sign in”. If you already have a Hayya account, you can enter your email and password to sign in. If this is your first time, use the “Click Here to Sign Up” option (small text below the “Sign In” button).
- Enter your email id. Click “Send verification code”.
- You will receive a one-time password (OTP) in your email. Enter that to verify your email address.
- Enter the verification code. Click “Verify code”.
- If you are facing an error here, make sure you click on “Send Verification Code” before entering your name and password.
Step 4: Enter your name, surname and password
Enter your first name and surname. Choose a password and confirm it.
Your Hayya account will be activated.
Step 5: Login using your account details
Once the account is active, log in using the account email id and password. Click on “Apply for Hayya”.
Step 6: Select the application category
First, select the category of your Hayya visit from the drop-down.
- For the first four categories, you would be asked to select the purpose of visit.
- If you are applying for Hayya With Me, you will be asked to enter the voucher code. Enter the code and click “Validate my voucher”.
Step 7: Upload your personal photo
Upload a recent high-quality photo of size 30 x 40 mm. The image type should be JPG/JPEG, and the size should be less than 2 MB. Read the photo guidelines carefully to avoid rejection.
Step 8: Upload your passport and enter your details
- The passport details will be recognized automatically and added to your application.
- Upload the first page of your passport in full colour (see the requirements above).
- If the system does not recognize your passport, enter your details manually.
- If the “Validate User” option is inactive, select Passport Type.
- Make sure you check all details before validating user.
If the last name on your passport is blank, you can provide your father’s name as your last name. In this case, you have to upload both the first and last pages of your passport (as a single JPG image) for verification.
The Hayya platform may amend your application data to match your official identity document. This is to fit the Hayya platform identity document format.
Step 9: Provide Residency Information
You need to select your country of birth and country of residence.
You will need to upload your Residence Permit Card or Residence Visa if you are applying for GCC Resident Entry or Entry with ETA. For GCC Resident Entry, you will also be required to select your profession.
Step 10: Select Accommodation Details
At this stage, you need to select your accommodation type. If you select “Family and Friends”, you should have been added by your host earlier.
If you select “Other Accommodation”, you should give the accommodation name. You can upload booking details to “Upload Other Booking Platform”.
Step 11: Add Contact Details
Next, enter your contact phone number and emergency contact information.
Click on the “Review & Submit” button. Follow the instructions received in your email. You will receive updates on your application by email. If your category requires fee payment, you will receive a link to pay online.
Once the Hayya application is approved, you will receive a Hayya Entry Permit by email. You can print this or show the digital version during your travel. If you are printing, make sure the QR code on the Entry Permit is clear and can be scanned.
Hayya Card Validity
The validity period of most Hayya Entry Permits is 30 days from the date of entry.
“Hayya With Me” is a multi-entry visa, which means visitors will also be allowed to enter multiple times until 10 January 2024. Last date of stay in Qatar is 23 January 2024.
Hayya Card Price
The Hayya Entry Visa costs QR 100 for most visa types (exception applies for certain countries). Hayya With Me is issued free of cost, but requires a voucher.
Hayya Card Approval Time
It takes an average of 2-4 days for a Hayya Card to be approved. During April 2023, officials announced that reply times would be shortened to less than 48 hours.
Hayya Card Tracking
You can track the status of your Hayya Card application on your My Hayya platform dashboard. You will need to log in using the email and password you used during the application.
Hayya Card Application Status Meaning
Following are the Hayya application status updates, their meaning and what to do:
|Hayya Status||Status Meaning||What To Do|
|Draft||Your application is pending submission||Complete and submit the application|
|Pending||Your application is being processed||None|
|Approved||Your Hayya is finally approved||None|
|Rejected||You can update and resubmit up to 5 times||Fix the error and resubmit|
|Data Error||You can update and resubmit up to 5 times||Fix the error and resubmit|
|Request for Correction||You can update and resubmit due to non-compliant-photo and/ or document||Upload new photo/passport scan|
|Cancelled||Your application is cancelled||None|
Hayya Card Application Error
The most common reason for rejection is that the photo or passport is not of the required standard. If you receive such an error, you must re-upload after taking another photo or scanning the passport again. For other errors, you can contact the Hayya helpline.
How To Get Hayya Card
Once your Hayya Card application is approved, you can get your Hayya Card in digital format on your Hayya mobile app.
How To Get Physical Hayya Card
As of 2023, physical Hayya Cards will no longer be printed. Note that a physical Hayya Card is not needed anymore. You can still access all services with a digital card on your app.
How To Download Hayya Card
You can download your digital Hayya Card using the Hayya to Qatar mobile app on your smartphone. You can submit the application using the app or the website. Once your Hayya Card application is approved, you must log in to the app, and you can see the digital Hayya card on your app.
Hayya Card Mobile App
The Hayya to Qatar app is required to access your digital card. The app can be downloaded from the following links:
- Hayya mobile app on App Store (iOS)
- Hayya mobile app on Play Store (Android)
Hayya Card Registration on Mobile App
If you have created a Hayya account on the website, you can use the same login information to use the mobile app. You can even do the application process on the mobile app.
Hayya Card Call Centre & Customer Service
Hayya Card Contact Number: In case of any questions regarding the digital Hayya Card or delay in processing, you can call 2022 (inside Qatar) or (+974) 4441 2022 (International).
Hayya Card Contact Email: You can also send your queries to [email protected].
READ NEXT: How To Host Family And Friends For Hayya
FAQ on Hayya Card
Do I need to apply for Hayya if I have Hayya Card from 2022?
Those who already have an approved Hayya from the FIFA World Cup 2022 can return to Qatar with an extended entry visa without further action on the Hayya platform. Make sure to check the minimum requirements for entering Qatar, and update your passport details on Hayya if necessary.
Can I update or edit my application after receiving approval and an Entry Permit?
You can edit or update your Hayya details before entering Qatar, but details cannot be changed once you enter the country.
Can I travel to Qatar if my Hayya application is pending?
No, your Hayya application should be fully approved and you should receive your Entry Permit. Otherwise you will not be allowed entry into the State of Qatar.
Can I work in Qatar while on Hayya Vist Entry Visa?
Hayya, which is an entry permit to Qatar is not a work visa. Officials have clarified that you cannot directly convert a Hayya entry permit to a work permit.
What should I do if my passport has been renewed?
If your passport is renewed or replaced after the Hayya Entry Visa got approved, it is recommended that If you update your Hayya details with the new passport information and uploading a copy of the new passport. An updated entry visa will be sent to you.
Can I bring along my spouse/children with Tourist Entry Hayya?
Each person needs to have their separate Tourist Entry Visa. If you wish to bring along your spouse or children, please have them apply as well. If your children are below 18 Year old, you can add them as dependent on your application.
- Hayya With Me (1+3) Application Guide
- How To Host Family and Friends on Hayya Platform
- Qatar Visa For GCC Residents (New Hayya Procedure)
- How To Apply Hayya Card For Dependents
- Hayya Card Photo Requirements
- How To Bring Family To Qatar Using Hayya With Me
Copyright © DohaGuides.com – Full or partial reproduction of this article in any language is prohibited.
424 thoughts on “Hayya Card Qatar: How To Apply (June 2023 Update)”
Please help me on this my wife applied hayya with me since 14 days but the status is showing pending.
I called to hayya service center many times they are asking you have to wait, when approval is coming.
Hi Amir, Sorry, only Hayya team can help you in approval. Hopefully they would do soon.
How can I cancel my heyya card
Hello. I have approved hayya tourist visa and will travel before it expires. Can I apply a new hayya with me with voucher while I am in Qatar to get multiple entry visa?. Thanks
Hi Lizzie, The system usually shows an error if you have an active visa.
Hi, I applied for Tourist Visa as a GCC but it was rejected without any reason of the rejection.
I Hope you can make the application much easier and less complicated as you are advertising Doha is open for everybody.
Hi Maria, Thanks for sharing your experience. You can contact Hayya helpline to check what was the reason for rejection.
useless technical support team.
called their hotline for the issue, they closed my previous ticket after waiting a couple of weeks, then made another ticket order. now its almost two months already, my issue hasn’t been resolved. customer service hotline just always tell you that “your application is in progress”. that’s it. we don’t have a choice but to wait for eternity.
I brought my wife to Doha with a 3 months Insurance on Hayya Card. We decided to extend and stay for couple more months.
Is there any issue if Hayya Card Insurance is expired and guest is still here ?
Hi Jishnu, You can take new insurance for the remaining period.
Thanks for this article, well informed and educative. I am a tour guide here in Nigeria and I have about 30 tourist application submitted since May 2nd, non has been approved and our travelling date is approaching.
Please can you be of help?
Hi Ajibade, Only Hayya helpline can help with approval. Please contact Hayya Support at [email protected] or or (+974) 4441 2022.
Can you guide me. I applied for tourist visa but for Pakistan its mandatory to book hotel so I want to change category tourist to hayya with me but in update and resubmit change category field was disabled and currently application status is pending for accommodation. Please guide me what can I do can i cancel the application and apply new one with hayya with me.
Hi Ovais, You cannot edit application at this stage. Either it should be approved or cancelled. You can contact Hayya Support at [email protected] or or (+974) 4441 2022 and request for cancellation.