Doha Guides Team regularly reviews this article to ensure the content is up-to-date and accurate. The last editorial review and update were on 10 November 2022.
Qatar will host the biggest international event of the year – the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™, where 32 of the world’s finest national teams will put their best foot forward for the coveted trophy. With less than 100 days to go, the excitement is building up for the historical event, which is also the first football world cup to be held in the region.
As of September, more than 2.45 million match tickets have been sold, and at least a million football fans are expected to visit Qatar during the tournament. Accommodation rates for visitors are not cheap, and many are seeking alternative accommodations.
One question asked by many international fans is if they can stay with their friends or relatives who are already Qatar residents. The answer is yes, visitors can stay with their friends and relatives during the tournament, but their hosts must register the accommodation on the tournament’s online portal.
This article will explain how citizens and residents can host family and friends during Qatar World Cup.
10 NOVEMBER 2022 UPDATE: As announced earlier, the “Host Family & Friends” accommodation option is not available after 1 November 2022. Those who have not applied before 1 November should book paid accommodation via the Qatar Accommodation Agency or third-party platforms. Another option is to apply for the Match Day Visit (24 hours visit) which does not require a confirmed accommodation.
- Hayya Card For International Visitors
- Accommodation Requirement For Hayya Card
- Requirements To Host Family And Friends
- How To Host Family and Friends During Qatar World Cup
- What The Guest Needs To Do
- Applying for Hayya Card Without Accommodation
- Hayya Contact Center
- Frequently Asked Questions
Hayya Card For International Visitors
Before we speak about the accommodation options, please note that all local and international fans must apply for a Fan ID called Hayya Card. The Hayya Card will also provide an entry permit for international visitors from 1 November 2022. Even Qatar residents planning to watch a match should apply for their Hayya Card.
Check out our guide to Hayya Card requirements and how to get started with your application.
Accommodation Requirement For Hayya Card
As part of the Hayya Card approval process for international visitors, you must confirm where you will stay during the tournament. You can decide among these options:
a) Accommodation through the official agency
You can choose hotel rooms, apartments, villas, fan villages, or cruise ship hotels through the Official Accommodation Agency website. There is a wide range of options via the Official Accommodation Agency website, with the cost per night starting at US$100.
b) Book regular accommodation (third party)
Accommodation can be booked through hotel/holiday websites or other means, such as holiday letting portals like Airbnb. All holiday homeowners are encouraged to obtain a Qatar Tourism license.
c) Use a match-day shuttle
Match-day shuttles will allow you to watch your football match and leave Qatar within 24 hours, so you won’t have to stay the night. Several airlines in the region are offering this service.
d) Stay with family or friends
Staying with family or friends would be the cheapest and most convenient option as you can enjoy a few days in Doha without spending much.
However, if you opt for the last option, your host must register their property on the official Hayya portal and add your details. Read below to learn how a host can register his/her property.
Requirements To Host Family And Friends
The following are the requirements to host family and friends during Qatar World Cup:
- The host should be 18 years old and over.
- The host should be a Qatari citizen or resident with a valid QID.
- The host should own or rent the property.
Please note that a Hayya card is NOT required for the host unless he/she is attending a match.
How To Host Family and Friends During Qatar World Cup
Residents who host families and friends during the tournament must register their properties and verify the visitors’ information as below:
Step 1: Go to the Hayya Qatar website
The website link is https://hayya.qatar2022.qa/
Step 2: Sign in using the “My Hayya” account
Click on “My Hayya” at the top right. Sign in using your email ID and password.
If you don’t have a Hayya account, create an account here: https://hayya.qatar2022.qa/web/hayya/apply-hayya
Step 3: Click on “Accommodation” and select “Host Family & Friends”
This is a drop-down menu on the top-right of the page.
Step 4: Enter your QID number and date of birth
- Agree to the Legal Liability Disclaimer.
- Enter your Qatar ID number and date of birth. Click on “Validate my QID”.
- You will receive an OTP as an SMS on your registered phone number. Enter the OTP and click on “Verify OTP”.
Step 5: Enter your property details
- You must provide the property name, zone number, street number, building number, and unit number. The property name can be anything you can identify, especially if you have more than one property. The unit number can be “1” if you live in a villa.
- Choose if you own this property or rent this property.
- Upload the property deed or lease agreement.
- Click on “Validate & Add”.
- The property will be added to your list.
- Similarly, you can add up to 5 properties under your name.
Step 6: Enter the guest details
- Select the property and click on the “Manage Guests” button.
- Enter your guest’s name, passport number, nationality, and email ID.
- Click on the “Add” button.
- Once the application is submitted, the guest’s Hayya Card application will be validated automatically. The guest will receive an email that he/she has been invited to stay with you.
- You can add a maximum of 10 guests per property. If you have more than one property, you can add more guests.
What The Guest Needs To Do
The guest only needs to apply for a Hayya Card. The property details can be added to the “Alternative Accommodation” tab.
The guest details will be matched using the name, passport number and nationality. The guest’s accommodation arrangements will be validated upon confirmation of the details.
In a few days, the Hayya Card will be conditionally approved and later fully approved after verification.
Applying for Hayya Card Without Accommodation
International fans can also apply for Hayya Card without specifying the accommodation plan. However, their application will not be fully approved until they provide the accommodation details and is validated
Hayya Contact Center
For support, international guests can call (+974) 4441 2022 and Qatar residents can call 800 2022. You can also email [email protected]
READ NEXT: Hayya Card Requirements And How To Apply
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can my guests stay on the property?
Guests may stay with you from 1 November 2022, to 23 January 2023.
Can a guest apply for a Hayya card without a match ticket?
Now Hayya cards are only being issued to visitors and residents with match tickets. This may change in the future stages.
How many family members or friends can I host?
You can register up to five properties and accommodate up to ten guests per property.
Can I register a property if I don’t have a property deed under my name?
No, only the person who owns or leases the property can register to host guests.
Can I change property details after registration?
A property can only be deleted if no guests are assigned to it. Once a property is added and has guests assigned to it, it cannot be deleted or changed.
Have you booked your flight tickets?
If you haven’t yet booked your flight tickets to the FIFA World Cup, we highly recommend booking with Qatar Airways, the Official Airline of the tournament, which has been named the World’s Best Airline a record seven times.
- How To Bring Family To Qatar With Hayya Card
- How To Get Hayya Entry Permit & FAQ
- Hayya With Me: How Hayya Card Holders Can Bring Non-Ticketed Fans
- How To Validate Hayya Card Pending Accommodation
- Qatar World Cup Vaccine Requirement and Health Care for Visitors
- How To Buy and Sell Qatar 2022 Tickets on the Resale Platform
- One Pass Qatar Review and How To Buy
- Drinking Alcohol in Qatar: Important Things To Know
- Qatar Working Hours During FIFA World Cup
Copyright © DohaGuides.com – Full or partial reproduction of this article in any language is prohibited.