Question About Qatar?
Answer Is Here
With answers to hundreds of questions, DohaGuides.com is your trusted source for information and guides on Visiting, Working and Living in Doha, Qatar.
Recent News Updates
- 29 Nov 2022: Qatar World Cup printed souvenir tickets to be available to ticket holders soon.
- 27 Nov 2022: Entry to all museums will be available free of charge to Qatar ID holders from today.
- 20 Nov 2022: Qatar Amir opens FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 in a spectacular ceremony.
- 19 Nov 2022: FIFA Fan Festival to be open today. Hayya Card is required for entry.
- 18 Nov 2022: Sale of alcoholic beverages prohibited around FIFA World Cup stadiums in Qatar.
- 16 Nov 2022: Revised traffic law for delivery bikes and motorcycles effective today.
- 10 Nov 2022: Hayya Card holders can travel for free on Doha Metro, Lusail Tram and Karwa Bus from today.
- 01 Nov 2022: UAE tourist visa service for Hayya card holders is now open.
- 27 Oct 2022: Oman tourist visa for Hayya card holders is now open.
- 26 Oct 2022: COVID testing and Ehteraz pre-registration are not required for travellers from 1 November.
- 18 Oct 2022: Abu Samra border crossing to receive fans from 1 November.
- 06 Oct 2022: Hayya With Me (1+3) feature is now accessible for international non-ticketed fans
- 05 Oct 2022: Cabinet announces working hours during FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022
Explore The Categories
FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™
New To Qatar? Know The Basics
The State of Qatar is a country in the Middle East on the Persian Gulf Peninsula. With the eyes of the world on the nation for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, it has rapidly transformed itself into a thriving economic and cultural powerhouse, often termed the richest country in the world. Qatar is ruled by Emir HH Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.
|Area||11,581 square km|
|Population||3.02 million (Oct 2022)|
|Currency||Qatari Riyal (QAR)|
|Time Zone||UTC+3 (AST)|
|Helplines||Inside the State of Qatar||Outside the State of Qatar|
|Govt Technical Support||190||+974 4406 9999|
|MOPH Helpline||16000||+974 4406 9963|
|Hayya Helpline||800 2022||+974 4441 2022|