Question About Qatar?
Answer Is Here
With answers to hundreds of questions, DohaGuides.com is your trusted source for information and guides on Visiting, Working and Living in Doha, Qatar.
Recent News Updates
- 20 Nov: AFC Asian Cup Qatar to donate revenue from ticket sales for Palestine aid.
- 20 Nov: Dadu Gardens permanently reopen at Al Bidda Park.
- 08 Nov: Unified tourist visa for GCC countries launching soon.
- 08 Nov: Qatar International Art Festival from Nov 20 to 25 at Expo 2023 Doha.
- 23 Oct: Ministry of Interior launches Sooum mobile app for auctions.
- 22 Oct: Ministry of Endowments and Islamic Affairs extends Hajj registration deadline.
- 03 Oct: Qatar Amir patronizes opening ceremony of Expo 2023 Doha.
- 24 Sep: Qatar launches Istamer platform to employ retirees in private sector.
- 07 Sep: General Directorate of Passports moves its headquarters to Al Duhail – Wadi Al-Banat.
Explore The Categories
New To Qatar? Know The Basics
The State of Qatar is a country in the Middle East on the Persian Gulf Peninsula. With the successful hosting of FIFA World Cup 2022, it has rapidly transformed itself into a thriving economic and cultural powerhouse, often termed the richest country in the world. Qatar is ruled by Emir HH Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.
|Area||11,521 square km|
|Population||2.95 million (2023)|
|Currency||Qatari Riyal (QAR)|
|Time Zone||UTC+3 (AST)|
|Helplines||Inside the State of Qatar||Outside the State of Qatar|
|Govt Technical Support||190||+974 4406 9999|
|MOPH Helpline||16000||+974 4406 9963|
|Hayya Helpline||800 2022||+974 4441 2022|