Doha Guides Team regularly reviews this article to ensure the content is up-to-date and accurate. The last editorial review and update was on 3 September 2023.
Qatar’s Hayya portal has been updated with a special visa category for residents of GCC countries (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE). Expatriates who hold valid residency permits in any GCC country can now get a GCC Resident Entry (A2) e-visa through the Hayya portal.
This article explains the step-by-step process to apply, eligibility conditions, list of professions, visa fees, duration of stay and answers frequently asked questions about Qatar Visa For GCC Residents.
- Recent Updates
- Qatar Visa For GCC Residents
- Eligibility Conditions
- GCC Residents Visa Fees
- Visa Validity
- How To Apply For GCC Resident Visa Through Hayya Portal
- Hayya Entry Permit
- Documents Checklist For Travel
- Visa For Accompanying Family
- List of Professions
- Vaccination & Quarantine Requirement
- Hayya Customer Support
- FAQ on Qatar GCC Residents' Visa
16 APRIL 2023 UPDATE
Qatar Tourism Visa, which was suspended for several months, is now available through the relaunched Hayya platform. All you have to do is upload your documents, enter the required details and pay the visa fee (if applicable).
Qatar Visa For GCC Residents
As per the new announcement made on 16 April 2023, residents of GCC countries and those accompanying them can obtain a visa for 30 days stay in Qatar.
Qatar Visa For GCC Residents will only be issued if you meet all the below conditions:
- The passport should be valid for at least three months from the date of entry.
- The visitor should have a valid residence permit card issued by any GCC country (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia or UAE). The residence permit should be valid for at least three months from the date of entry.
- The visitor should have a return ticket if coming by air.
- The visitor should have confirmed accommodation. This can be “Family and Friends Hosting” or “Other Accommodation” (hotel booking or rented apartment).
- The visitor should travel from his country of residence.
- The visitor should have health insurance (as per MOPH guidelines).
GCC Residents Visa Fees
- The cost of the GCC Residents Visit Visa is QAR 100 (USD 27).
- Fee payment should be made using a credit or debit card.
- The fine for overstaying is QAR 200 (USD 55) per day.
What is the refund policy?
The entry visa fees is paid after your visa is approved. The fees are non-refundable regardless of your travel status or arrangements.
The visa is valid for 30 days.
How To Apply For GCC Resident Visa Through Hayya Portal
The following are the steps to apply for GCC Resident Visa through the Hayya Portal:
Step 1: Go to Hayya Portal
The website address is: www.hayya.qa
Step 2: Click on “Apply For Hayya”
The button is available in the center of the page.
Step 3: Sign up and login
If this is the first time you are using the Hayya portal, click on “Sign Up” and create an account using your email id. You will have to enter the verification code received in your email.
Once your account has been created, login using your email and password.
Step 4: Click on “Apply For Hayya”
Once again you will have to click on the “Apply For Hayya” button in the center of the page.
Step 5: Select Category of Visit
You need to select the “GCC Resident Entry (A2)” category from the drop-down menu.
Step 6: Select Purpose of Visit
You can select from leisure, sports event, job seeker, business meeting, wedding party, shopping, medical care, heritage tourism, friend visit, convention participation, event participation etc. You can also select “Others” and specify the purpose.
Step 7: Upload Your Photo
- Select “I have reviewed the instructions to upload my Personal Photo and Passport”.
- Click on “Browse Personal Photo”.
- Make sure the photo meets specifications such as light background, sharpness etc.
Step 8: Upload Passport
- Click on “Browse for first page”.
- Upload only the first page of the passport.
- Crop it in such a way that the machine-readable zone (MRZ) is clear.
- Click on “Save”.
- Your data will be extracted automatically. If your data is unreadable, you can enter it manually.
- Click on “Validate User”.
If the “Validate User” option is inactive after automatic data extraction, select “Passport Type” as normal.
The first name and last name are mandatory requirements. Middle name, third Latin name, and fourth Latin name are optional. If you do not have your last name on the passport, you can add your father’s name as your last name and upload the last page of the passport along with the first page (to verify your father’s name).
The Hayya platform may amend your application data so that it matches the information on your official identity document. This is to fit the Hayya platform identity document format.
Step 9: Enter Residency Information
- Select country of birth
- Select your country of residence (any GCC country)
- Declare if you have a previous nationality. If you have, select the country.
Step 10: Select Job Title
Select your job title from the available list of professions (we have given the list of 200+ professions below in this article). If your title is not listed, select “Others” and enter the job title manually.
Note: If the job title does not match the title on your Residency Permit, you will not be allowed entry to Qatar.
Step 11: Upload GCC Resident Permit
Make sure to upload a clear copy of your resident permit with the profession listed. Click on “Save”.
Since Saudi ID doesn’t have expiry date, Saudi residents can upload Muqeem document with expiry.
Step 12: Enter Accommodation Details
Next, you have to select an accommodation type.
If you are selecting “Family and Friends hosting”, your details should have already been added by your host in Qatar. Otherwise you will see an error. Here is our guide on how to register guests on Hayya.
If you are staying in a hotel or rented apartment, you can upload the details on the “Upload Other Platform Booking” on Hayya portal. In this case, select “Other Accommodation” and enter the accommodation name.
Step 13: Enter Contact Information
At the last step, enter your phone number and emergency contact details.
Finally, click on “Review & Submit”.
Step 14: Pay the Visa Fee
Once your application has been reviewed and approved, you will receive an email with a payment link.
The visa fee of QR 100 should be paid using a credit/debit card. Normally Visa or Mastercard are accepted.
Hayya Entry Permit
After the payment is completed, you will receive a Hayya Entry Permit by email. Hayya Entry Permit for GCC Resident Visa is valid for 30 days from issue.
According to the officials, no visa request should take more than 48 hours to receive a response.
Documents Checklist For Travel
During travel, the following documents are required:
- Hayya Entry Permit
- GCC Residence card
- Return Flight Tickets (not required for land border)
- Accommodation Details (Host invitation & QID or DQ Hotel booking)
- Health Insurance
Hayya Visa will allow you to use the e-gates at the Hamad International Airport as well as access the fast-track lane entry at the Abu Samra border.
Visa For Accompanying Family
The GCC Residents Visa is also available to accompanying family members. The accompanying person (under GCC Resident’s sponsorship) should make a separate application. They can select Housewife or Son/Daughter as their profession.
Their passport and residence permit should also meet the minimum validity required.
If the dependent is not a GCC resident, a separate Tourist Entry (A1) application must be submitted.
Here is a video explaining the above steps:
List of Professions
The following professions have been listed on the Hayya portal for selection:
- Accountant / Auditor
- Accounts Manager
- Administration Coordinator
- Administrative Manager
- Administrative Researcher
- Agricultural Specialist
- Air Controller
- Air Hostess
- Air Transport Manager
- Aircraft Landing Conttroller
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician
- Aircraft Pilot
- Aircraft Takeoff Controller
- Aircraft Technician
- All Types of Consultant
- Aquatic Specialist
- Archeological Director
- Archeological Prospector
- Archeological Researcher
- Architectural Draftsman
- Army Officer
- Artist (Actor, Musician, Composer, Poet, Painter, Singer, etc.)
- Assistant Engineer (All specializations)
- Assistant General Manager
- Assistant Pharmacist
- Aviation Guide
- Aviation Tehnician
- Aviation Trainer
- Bank Manager
- Bank Official
- Banking Business Manager
- Breeding Specialist (Animals/ Birds/ Bees)
- Broadcasting Manager
- Busines man
- Business lady
- Captain of Ship/Cruise/Carrier/Steamship
- Career Counsellor
- Chemist (All Specializations)
- Chief Justice
- Cinema / Television Producer
- Cinema Cameraman
- Cinema Director
- College Dean
- Commercial Broker
- Commercial Manager
- Company/Factor Manager
- Computer Programmer
- Control Equipments Technician
- Cooperative Socierty Manager
- Correspondent (Newspaper /Radio/TV)
- Cruise Ship Guide
- Customs Clearer
- Customs Specialist
- Decoration Designer
- Dental Technician
- Diplomat (Members of diplomatic corps)
- Earthquakes Expert
- ECG Technician
- Economic Analyst
- Electrical Manager
- Engineer (All specializations)
- Executive Manager / Director
- Executive Secretary
- Finance / Economics Expert
- Finance Audit
- Finance Manager
- Food Controller
- Foodstuff Technician
- Gardening Specialist
- General Professional Trainer (Industrial, Agricultural, Commercial)
- General Specialist
- General Supervisor
- Geologist Quantity Enumerator
- Geology Technician
- Golden Residency Holder
- Head (various)
- Head of Prosecution
- Horse Breeding Technician
- Hospital Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Husband, Wife, Son, Daughter, Mother, Father (GCC Citizen)
- Information Systems Expert
- Institute Manager
- Insurance Manager
- Investment Manager
- Lab Specialist
- Lab Technician
- Laboratory Manager
- Land Hostess
- Land Transport Manager
- Law Expert
- Lawyer/ Advocate
- Legal Researcher
- Library Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Male or Female Nurse
- Manager (Variety)
- Manager / Director of any Government Departments / Companies
- Marine Traffic Controller
- Marine Transport Manager
- Maritime Cotroller
- Marketing Outlet
- Marketing Representative
- Marketing Manager
- Media Controller
- Media Manager
- Media Person
- Medical Analysis Specialist
- Medical Equipments Technician
- Medical Specialist
- Medical X-ray Specialist
- Microscopic Technician
- Mining Technician
- Ministry Undersecretary
- Museum Manager
- Nutrition Specialist
- Operations Analyst
- Optical Technician
- Permanent Residency Holder
- Pharmaceutical Technician
- Physician (All specializations)
- Plant Manager
- Player (All sports items in a sports club)
- Police Officer
- President / CEO
- President / Director of a Club
- President / Director of a University
- Press Photographer
- Printing and Publishing Manager
- Procurement Representative
- Production Director
- Professional Security & Safety Technician
- Program Producer
- Quality Controller
- Quantitative Calculator
- Radio / TV transmission Technician
- Referee (sports)
- Regional Director
- Religious person
- Research & Studies Director
- Road Controller
- Sales Executive
- Sales Manager
- Sales Representative
- School Manager
- Secretary / Director of Library
- Ship Captain
- Ship Maintenance Technician
- Ships Supervisor
- Software Designer
- Son / Daughter
- Special Needs Teacher
- Speech Specialist
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- Sports Representative
- Sports Trainer
- Staffs at Embassies in GCC (except Support Services Jobs)
- Statistics Speciaist
- Surgeon (All Specialization)
- Systems Analyst
- Teacher / Instructor
- Telecom Technician
- Television Manager
- Theatre Manager
- Tourism Agency Manager
- Tourist Guide
- Train Mantenance Technicina
- Travel / Tourism Agent
- TV / Radio Programs Presenter
- TV Cameraman
- University Profesor
- University Student
- Veterinary Doctor
- Weather Expert
- Well Drilling Technician
- X-ray Specialist
- X-ray Technician
- Zoology Specialist
If your profession is not listed on the portal, you can select “Others” from the options and enter your job title as per the Residency Permit.
Vaccination & Quarantine Requirement
As per the new travel policy, effective from 1 November 2022:
- All travellers are exempted from Quarantine (unless you test Covid positive).
- All travellers are exempted from Covid Testing.
- All travellers are exempted from Ehteraz pre-travel registration.
- Ehteraz mobile application is only required to enter health centres.
In addition, Qatar has a free visa-on-arrival facility for citizens of more than 90 countries. You can read more about it here: Qatar Visa on Arrival: Complete Guide.
Make your trip to Qatar unforgettable! Check the latest offers from Qatar Airways, Qatar’s own 5-star airline, rated as one of the best in the world. With its reputation for luxury, comfort, and a wide-reaching global network, booking with Qatar Airways ensures an extraordinary travel experience.
Hayya Customer Support
Hayya Contact Center can be contacted by calling 2022 from within Qatar, and +974 4441 2022 from outside of Qatar, or by sending an email to [email protected].
FAQ on Qatar GCC Residents’ Visa
Can GCC residents get a Qatar visa?
Yes, If you are a resident of any GCC country (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, or UAE), you can apply for a GCC Resident Entry Visa.
What are the conditions for getting GCC Residents Visa in Qatar?
The visa will only be issued if your residence permit and passport are valid for at least six months and if your profession appears on the eligible list.
How much is the cost of a GCC Residents Visa to Qatar?
A single-entry visa to Qatar can be obtained for a fee of QAR 100. The fee is payable by credit or debit card.
How long is the GCC Residents Visa issued?
GCC Residents Visa to Qatar is a single entry visa valid for 30 days.
Do GCC citizens need visas to enter Qatar?
Citizens of the GCC countries (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and UAE) do not require a visa to enter Qatar.
Is my profession eligible to apply for GCC Entry Visa?
Once you start the application process, you will be able to select your profession from the menu. The job title you will select from the menu, must be identical to Job title on your Residency.
Can I bring along dependents with GCC Resident Entry?
Yes, you can add your dependent in your application. They must also be GCC residents. If the dependent is not GCC resident, then a separate Tourist Entry (A1) application must be submitted.
Is on-arrival visa still applicable for me if I am a GCC resident?
Yes. On-arrival visas are still available for GCC residents.
Can I bring along my spouse with GCC Resident Entry?
Each GCC Resident applicant needs to have their separate visa. If you wish to bring along your spouse, please have them apply as well.
- Photo Requirements For Hayya Visa Application
- How To Apply for Vehicle Entry Permit to Qatar
- Qatar Visa On Arrival: Complete Guide
- Visiting Qatar: The Complete Guide
- Carrying Medicines to Qatar: Important Things To Know
- Qatar Visit Visa Types, Duration, and Cost
Copyright © DohaGuides.com – Unauthorized reproduction of this article in any language is prohibited.