In July 2021, Qatar has launched an online pre-travel registration service for travellers arriving in Qatar. The service known as Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration is mandatory for all travellers without a Qatar ID or Qatari passport.
The Ehteraz pre-registration system for those coming to Qatar aims to facilitate the arrival process, verify the health requirements and decide if quarantine is required or the traveller is exempted.
Using this online platform, passengers can upload all required documents, such as vaccination certificates and other relevant data to avoid hassle and long queues at the airport.
16 MARCH 2022 UPDATE: GCC and European Union (EU) nationals and residents who meet the immunity criteria, can use the authorized health information app for COVID-19 from their country and will not need to complete the Ehteraz pre-travel registration.
2 DECEMBER 2021 UPDATE: As per the latest guidelines on the MOPH website, non-residents of Qatar must apply through the Ehteraz website and upload all relevant documents such as vaccine certificates at least 3 days before arrival.
As per the new update, PCR test result is no longer required during the Ehteraz pre-registration process. Instead, travellers must present the original copy of the PCR test result to the airlines in order to allow them to board the plane, or at the country’s ports.
According to MOPH, all visitors will be required to download all official documents and present the Ehteraz travel permit to the airline employees (in case of travelling through Hamad International Airport) to allow them to board the aircraft, or to the immigration employees at the land borders (in the event of travelling through Abu Samra land port).
NOTE: Ehteraz pre-travel registration should not be confused with the Ehteraz mobile app which is a different service to be used once you are inside Qatar.
This article explains the step-by-step process of how to do the Ehteraz pre-registration and answers frequently asked questions.
- Is Pre-Travel Registration Compulsory for All Travellers?
- Advantages of Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
- Documents Required for Ehteraz Pre-travel Registration
- When To Do The Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
- How To Do Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
- Time Required for Ehteraz Pre-Travel Approval
- Ehteraz Helpline
- Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration Fees
- Additonal Information
- Frequently Asked Questions on Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
Is Pre-Travel Registration Compulsory for All Travellers?
No, as per the latest announcement on 13 July 2021, registering on the Ehteraz website is compulsory only for travellers without a valid Qatar ID / Qatar Passport. However, Qatari Citizens and Residents can also register online to make their travel smoother.
Advantages of Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
The Ehteraz pre-travel registration has several advantages:
- It will ensure that you meet the required conditions and you are authorized to enter Qatar.
- It will make your check-in and departure process smooth at the point of departure.
- It will ensure quick completion of entry procedures at Doha airport / point of entry.
- Travellers with pre-approval will be allowed to use the designated fast-track route and proceed directly to the immigration checkpoint without stopping at the Ministry of Public Health’s counters (only for individuals who meet the criteria) – making it easier and faster to get into the country.
Documents Required for Ehteraz Pre-travel Registration
To apply for Ehteraz travel registration, the following documents are required:
- Passport copy (for visitors)
- A vaccination certificate issued by the competent authorities in the country departing from (for those who are fully vaccinated and 14 days have passed after the second dose)
- A COVID-19 recovery certificate issued by the approved health authorities in the country departing from (for those who were recovered within a period not exceeding twelve months)
- Hotel booking through the Discover Qatar website for those who are subject to hotel quarantine
- Two-way airline ticket if you are a visitor applying for visa on arrival service
- Hotel booking (for the entire duration) through the Discover Qatar website for Indian, Pakistani and Iranian nationals applying for visa on arrival with effect from 14 April 2022.
NOTE: All visitors (except GCC & EU nationals and residents*) should also have a negative result of an RT-PCR test done within 48 hours of boarding the flight. However, as per the new rules, this need not be uploaded during Ehteraz pre-registration. Instead, the original test result should be presented during check-in at the airport or during entry at other borders.
*16 March 2022 Update
When To Do The Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
Travellers must apply through the Ehteraz platform at least 3 days before arrival* to Qatar and make sure to submit the required documents.
However, the system may not accept applications if your travel date is after 7 days. So it is ideal to apply 6-7 days before travel.
*2 December 2021 Update
How To Do Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
Below are the steps for travellers to do the pre-travel registration on the Ehteraz website:
Step 1: Go to Ehteraz official website www.ehteraz.gov.qa
Step 2: Go to Pre-entry Registration, Click on “Register new request” button
This is a recent update to the page. You can find this section on the left side in maroon colour.
It will take you to this page:
Note: You can also reach this page by clicking on the “Pre-Registration System” link on Ehteraz mobile app. Either way, you will be redirected to the same page and the process is the same as below.
Step 3: If you are using the website for the first time, click on “New User Registration”
If you are already registered, go to Step 5 below.
Step 4: Enter your details on User Registration page
Select your nationality, enter your email and create a password. Click on the “Signup” button.
Step 5: Activate your account by clicking the email link
You will receive an email with the activation link. Click on the email link to activate your account.
Step 6: Go to the login page, enter your email id and password
Enter the captcha code (number shown in the image) and click on the “Login” button.
Step 7: On the next page, click on “New Application”
Step 8: Enter your travel information
Select arrival border, country of departure, arrival date and passenger count (if you are travelling alone, the passenger count will be 1). Enter captcha code and click on “Save & Continue”.
Step 9: On the next page, select visitor type and details
If you choose Qatari/Resident option, enter your nationality, QID number and date of birth. Then enter the captcha code and click on the “Retrieve” button.
If you choose the Visitor option, you will have to enter your nationality, visa number, date of birth, full name, passport details and gender. For those applying for a visa on arrival to Qatar, they can skip the visa number field.
You should also give details of vaccination, any recent COVID-19 infection and the countries you have recently visited.
Step 10: Attach the required documents
- For residents, you will need a copy of the vaccination certificate or a hotel reservation (if you are not exempted). Vaccination certificate is not needed if vaccinated inside Qatar.
- For visitors, you will need your passport copy, a copy of the vaccination certificate, hotel reservation (if you are not exempted) and flight tickets.
13 MARCH 2022 UPDATE: Credit card or debit card with three months bank statement is required to be uploaded if you are applying for a visa on arrival from countries like India, Pakistan etc. The balance should be a minimum of QR 5000. QR 5000 cash is not accepted anymore.
For uploading the documents, jpg, jpeg or pdf attachment extensions are allowed. The attachment size cannot be more than 2 MB per file.
Step 11: Review and save the information
Review the information and make sure it is accurate. Enter the captcha code and click “Save”.
Step 12: On the next page, agree to the terms and conditions and submit the application
Step 13: You will receive a decision by email
After submitting the application, the traveller may follow up and see the status of the application whether it is approved or any other procedures required to get the approval. This can be checked on the website’s home page under the “My applications” option.
Once the pre-registration is completed, travellers will be provided with information on the procedures that they will have to follow and the checkpoints that they will have to stop at upon arrival in Qatar.
Time Required for Ehteraz Pre-Travel Approval
Since now you are required to submit the application at least 3 days prior to travel, you are supposed to receive a decision within 1-3 days.
The decision is taken for each person within the application individually (in the case of the application for more than one person).
An email will be sent to the email address registered in the user account detailing the decisions (exempt from quarantine/hotel or home quarantined required/deficiencies on application).
You can take a printout copy of this pre-travel approval to use during your travel.
For residents who are vaccinated from Qatar & exempt from quarantine, this approval will be automatic and can be downloaded immediately.
For enquiries, you can contact MOPH Helpline on 16000 (Inside the State of Qatar) or +974 4406 9963 (Outside the State of Qatar). For technical assistance, you can contact 109 (Inside the State of Qatar) or +974 4406 9999 (Outside the State of Qatar). You can also contact via email: [email protected]
Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration Fees
This is a free service and does not require any fees.
Warning: If a traveller submits fake information or forged documents during pre-registration, the passenger condition will be re-evaluated upon entry to the country, and the prior decision is not taken into account.
- Travellers must present their RT-PCR test results and the application approval to the border employee.
- The data of citizens and residents who have completed the pre-registration on the website will be stored in order to facilitate the process of submitting new applications in the future.
- For Qatar residents, an exceptional entry permit will not be required if they have valid QID and they have left Qatar within the last 6 months. If the resident has been out of Qatar for 6 months, they have to apply for a Return Permit.
It is the responsibility of individuals to ensure that they are updated with any changes in the Entry and Return policy of the State of Qatar through the official sources before planning their trip. Please check the MOPH website to see the latest Travel Policy for the State of Qatar.
READ NEXT: Qatar Quarantine Rules: Complete Guide
Copyright © DohaGuides.com – Full or partial reproduction of this article in any language is prohibited.
Frequently Asked Questions on Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
Is Ehteraz pre-travel registration mandatory for all travellers?
Ehteraz pre-travel registration is only mandatory for travellers without a Qatar ID or Qatari passport.
When should I submit my Ehteraz pre-travel registration application?
The application should be completed at least 3 days before your arrival in Qatar.
Can I apply for a family member or someone travelling with me?
Yes, it is possible to apply for a family member or someone travelling on the same flight. However, the decision depends on each passenger separately based on the requirements and documents that are submitted.
You May Also Like:
- Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup Ticket Prices and How To Apply
- Qatar Visa On Arrival Requirements and Procedure
- Qatar Family Visit Visa Application Process
- Ehteraz Mobile App: User Guide
- Qatar Family Residence Visa Requirements and Guide
- Exceptional Entry Permit To Return To Qatar