In July 2021, Qatar has launched an online pre-travel registration service for travellers arriving in Qatar. The service known as Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration is mandatory for all travellers without a Qatar ID or Qatari passport.
The Ehteraz pre-registration system for those coming to Qatar aims to facilitate the arrival process, verify the health requirements and decide if quarantine is required or the traveller is exempted.
Using this online platform, passengers can upload all required documents, such as vaccination certificates, RT-PCR test results and other relevant data to avoid hassle and long queues at the airport.
Travellers must apply through the Ehteraz website no more than 72 hours prior to arrival time and at least 12 hours before arrival. Note that all travellers (visitors and residents) would also need to submit a negative result of an RT-PCR test done within 72 hours of arrival.
According to MOPH, all visitors will be required to download all official documents and present the travel permit to the airline employees (in case of travelling through Hamad International Airport) to allow them to board the aircraft, or to the immigration employees at the land borders (in the event of travelling through Abu Samra land port).
NOTE: Ehteraz pre-travel registration should not be confused with the Ehteraz mobile app which is a different service to be used once you are inside Qatar. For installing the Ehteraz app, you would need a Qatari SIM card, while Ehteraz pre-travel registration only requires an email id.
30 JULY 2021 UPDATE: According to a new announcement on the MOPH website, Qatar will be introducing a new travel policy from 2nd August 2021 (12 noon) with compulsory hotel quarantine for travellers from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines and Sri Lanka. It would be 2 days hotel quarantine for those vaccinated/recovered from Qatar. They would be allowed to leave the hotel on the second day if the result of the PCR test is negative. For all others, hotel quarantine will be for 10 days.
This article explains the step-by-step process of how to do the Ehteraz pre-registration and answers frequently asked questions.
- Is Pre-Travel Registration Compulsory for All Travellers?
- Advantages of Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
- Documents Required for Ehteraz Pre-travel Registration
- When To Do The Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
- How To Do Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
- Time Required for Ehteraz Pre-Travel Approval
- Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration Fees
- Additonal Information
- Frequently Asked Questions on Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
Is Pre-Travel Registration Compulsory for All Travellers?
No, as per the latest announcement on 13 July 2021, registering on the Ehteraz website is compulsory only for travellers without a valid Qatar ID / Qatar Passport. However, Qatari Citizens and Residents can also register online to make their travel smoother.
Advantages of Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
The Ehteraz pre-travel registration has several advantages:
- It will ensure that you meet the required conditions and you are authorized to enter Qatar.
- It will make your check-in and departure process smooth at the point of departure.
- It will ensure quick completion of entry procedures at Doha airport / point of entry.
- Travellers with pre-approval will be allowed to use the designated fast-track route and proceed directly to the immigration checkpoint without stopping at the Ministry of Public Health’s counters (only for individuals who meet the criteria) – making it easier and faster to get into the country.
Documents Required for Ehteraz Pre-travel Registration
To apply for Ehteraz travel registration, the following documents are required:
- Passport copy (for visitors)
- A valid negative PCR test result available from laboratories approved by the health authorities, taken a maximum of 72 hours before the time of arrival
- A vaccination certificate issued by the competent authorities in the country departing from (for those who are fully vaccinated and 14 days have passed after the second dose)
- A COVID-19 recovery certificate issued by the approved health authorities in the country departing from (for those who were recovered within a period not exceeding twelve months)
- Hotel booking through the Discover Qatar website for those who are subject to hotel quarantine
- Two-way airline ticket if you are a visitor applying for visa on arrival service
When To Do The Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
Travellers must apply through the platform no more than 72 hours prior to arrival time and at least 12 hours before making sure to submit the required documents.
For example, if your flight is on 30th July at 10 pm, you should submit the application after 10 pm on 27th July, but before 10 am on 30th July.
How To Do Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
Below are the steps for travellers to do the pre-travel registration on the Ehteraz website:
Step 1: Go to Ehteraz official website www.ehteraz.gov.qa
Change language to English by clicking on the top left
Note: You can also reach this page by clicking on the “Pre-Registration System” link on Ehteraz mobile app. Either way, you will be redirected to the same page and the process is the same as below.
Step 2: If you are using the website for the first time, click on “New User Registration”
If you are already registered, go to Step 5 below.
Step 3: Enter your details on User Registration page
Select your nationality, enter your email and create a password. Click on the “Signup” button.
Step 4: Activate your account by clicking the email link
You will receive an email with the activation link. Click on the email link to activate your account.
Step 5: Go to the login page, enter your email id and password
Enter the captcha code (number shown in the image) and click on the “Login” button.
Step 6: On the next page, click on “New Application”
Step 7: Enter your travel information
Select arrival border, country of departure, arrival date and passenger count (if you are travelling alone, the passenger count will be 1). Enter captcha code and click on “Save & Continue”.
Step 8: On the next page, select visitor type and details
If you choose Qatari/Resident option, enter your nationality, QID number and date of birth. Then enter the captcha code and click on the “Retrieve” button.
If you choose the Visitor option, you will have to enter your nationality, visa number, date of birth, full name, passport details and gender. For those applying for a visa on arrival to Qatar, they can skip the visa number field.
You should also give details of vaccination, any recent COVID-19 infection and the countries you have recently visited.
Step 9: Attach the required documents
- For residents, you will need a copy of the negative PCR test result, a copy of the vaccination certificate or a hotel reservation (if you are not exempted).
- For visitors, you will need your passport copy, copy of negative PCR test result, a copy of the vaccination certificate, hotel reservation (if you are not exempted) and flight tickets.
For uploading the documents, jpg, jpeg or pdf attachment extensions are allowed. The attachment size cannot be more than 2 MB per file.
Step 10: Review and save the information
Review the information and make sure it is accurate. Enter the captcha code and click “Save”.
Step 11: On the next page, agree to the terms and conditions and submit the application
Step 12: You will receive a decision within 12 hours
After submitting the application, the traveller may follow up and see the status of the application either it is approved or any other procedures required to get the approval. This can be checked on the website’s home page under the “My applications” option.
Once the pre-registration is completed, travellers will be provided with information on the procedures that he/she will have to follow and the checkpoints that he/she will have to stop at upon arrival in Qatar.
Time Required for Ehteraz Pre-Travel Approval
As you are required to submit the application at least 12 hours prior to travel, you are supposed to receive a decision in a few hours. It would be safer to apply as soon as you receive the RT-PCR test result.
The decision is taken for each person within the application individually (in the case of the application for more than one person).
An email will be sent to the email address registered in the user account detailing the decisions (exempt from quarantine/hotel or home quarantined required/deficiencies on application).
You can take a printout copy of this pre-travel approval to use during your travel.
Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration Fees
No fees are required for this service. Please note travellers who are exempt from hotel quarantine are required to take an RT-PCR test on arrival at Doha airport. This will cost QR 300 per person.
Warning: If a traveller submits fake information or forged documents during pre-registration, the passenger condition will be re-evaluated upon entry to the country, and the prior decision is not taken into account.
- Travellers must present their PCR test results and the application approval to the border employee in order to use the Fast-Track service.
- The data of citizens and residents who have completed the pre-registration on the website will be stored in order to facilitate the process of submitting new applications in the future.
- For Qatar residents, an exceptional entry permit will not be required if they have valid QID and they have left Qatar within the last 6 months. If the QID has expired or the resident has been out of Qatar for 6 months, they have to apply for an Exceptional Entry Permit.
It is the responsibility of individuals to ensure that they are updated with any changes in the Entry and Return policy of the State of Qatar through the official sources before planning their trip. Please check the MOPH website to see the latest Travel Policy for the State of Qatar.
Copyright © DohaGuides.com – Full or partial reproduction of this article is prohibited.
Frequently Asked Questions on Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
Is Ehteraz pre-travel registration mandatory for all travellers?
Ehteraz pre-travel registration is only mandatory for travellers without a Qatar ID or Qatari passport.
When should I submit my Ehteraz pre-travel registration application?
The application should be completed at least 12 hours before your arrival time, but no more than 72 hours before arrival.
Can I apply for a family member or someone travelling with me?
Yes, it is possible to apply for a family member or someone travelling on the same flight. However, the decision depends on each passenger separately based on the requirements and documents that are submitted.
You May Also Like:
- Qatar Visa On Arrival Requirements and Procedure
- Qatar Quarantine Rules: Complete Guide
- Qatar Family Visit Visa Application Process
- Qatar Family Residence Visa Requirements and Guide
- Exceptional Entry Permit To Return To Qatar