If you are planning international travel by air, there is a chance you may require a COVID-19 PCR test for entry to your destination. Passengers to certain countries like the US, UK, India, and Pakistan are now required to present a negative COVID-19 test result as a part of the entry requirements.
This article explains the procedure for getting an RT PCR test in Qatar. Also, you can see a list of private clinics and hospitals offering this service, the cost of PCR tests in Qatar, and the documents required for testing.
- COVID-19 Testing at Government Clinics
- COVID-19 Testing at Private Clinics
- List of Approved Covid Test Centers in Qatar for Travel
- At the Airport
- Dedicated COVID-19 Hotline
- Additional Information
- FAQ on Pre-Travel PCR Test in Qatar
A COVID-19 PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test is performed to detect genetic material from a specific organism, such as a virus. The test is used to directly detect the presence of an antigen and will show if a person has COVID-19.
COVID-19 Testing at Government Clinics
4 APRIL 2021 UPDATE: Primary Health Care Corporation (PHCC) has temporarily stopped the provision of COVID-19 PCR swabs for people travelling abroad. PHCC tweeted this on their social media adding that private sector hospitals will provide all COVID-19 PCR swabs for people travelling abroad.
Here is the text from the announcement:
- Primary Health Care Corporation health centers and medical teams are at the forefront of the National COVID-19 Vaccination Program and staff are working round the clock providing COVID-19 swabs for anyone showing signs and symptoms of the virus.
- This step was taken to relieve pressure on these teams and enable them to focus on providing services for people with COVID-19 and for those being vaccinated.
- The decision has been made to temporarily transfer the provision of COVID-19 PCR swabs, for people travelling abroad, to private healthcare facilities. When the second wave is suppressed and pressure is eased on PHCC healthcare teams, this important service will resume at primary health centers.
COVID-19 Testing at Private Clinics
How To Do PCR Test in Qatar for Travel
Step 1: Call the hospital or clinic to fix an appointment
Most private clinics in Qatar require you to call and make an appointment for an RT-PCR test. The clinic staff would give you an appointment depending on your travel date. Walk-in tokens are also available in some clinics, but it is not guaranteed.
Step 2: Visit the Clinic with the required documents
The documents required for the RT PCR test in Qatar for travel are your Passport, Qatar ID, and a copy of the Flight Ticket.
Step 3: Go to the reception, take a token number and pay the fees
The Ministry has fixed maximum fees for PCR testing at private clinics as QR 300 with effect from 8th April 2021. However, there are some private clinics offering the test for QR 200 onwards.
Step 4: The medical staff will collect the swab and send it for testing
The staff will ask a few verification questions before swab collection. Then they would collect the swab from your nose and/or throat.
Swab collection involves inserting a long stick that looks like cotton buds into your nose and/or mouth. The swabs are then taken away securely for laboratory testing.
Usually private centres collect the swab and send it to Hamad Medical Corporation laboratories for testing.
Step 5: You will receive an SMS with the test result
You will receive an SMS after the swab is received and testing is done. Usually, the test result is available within 24-48 hours. Note that while you are awaiting the test results your Ehteraz app may be showing grey colour.
If you are tested positive, you will be moved to an isolation facility or a designated treatment centre or instructed to do home quarantine depending on your symptoms.
If you are tested positive, the colour on your Ehteraz app would turn red. If the test result is negative the colour would change from grey to green.
Step 6: Collect the test certificate as advised by the clinic
In most cases, you can visit the clinic the next day for collecting the test result certificate. Please make sure that the details on the test report (like your name, date of birth, date of the test, etc. are correct to avoid any issue during travel).
As per the protocol from HMC, a softcopy of the test result will not be considered a valid document. So you need to collect the hard copy from the concerned clinic.
Cost of PCR Test in Qatar Private Clinics
27 May 2021 UPDATE: The Ministry of Public Health had decided to unify the price of the COVID-19 examination and has fixed a flat rate of QR300 for testing in private health facilities, starting 8th April 2021. However, there are some private clinics offering the test at a discounted price of QR 200 onwards.
List of Approved Covid Test Centers in Qatar for Travel
PCR Test Centers in Qatar: Below is the list of private health facilities in Qatar (in alphabetical order) accredited to conduct PCR tests (Updated 22 August 2021):
- Al Abeer Medical Center – Tel: 7771 5678
- Al Ahli Hospital – Tel: 4489 8888 / 8000
- Al Ahmadani Medical Center – Tel: 4435 4455 / 4400
- Al Amal Medical Center
- Al Aqsa Medical Center
- Al Dafna Medical Center
- Al Dimashquie Medical Center
- Al Emadi Hospital – Tel: 4477 6444
- Al Esraa Medical Center
- Al Esraa Polyclinic – Tel: 4037 7991
- Al Fardan Medical With Northwestern Medicine – Tel: 4004 6000
- Al Hayat Medical Center
- Al Hekma Medical Complex
- Al Jameel Medical Center – Tel: 4462 6848
- Al Jazeera Medical Center
- Al Jazeera Medical Center – Muaither branch
- Al Jufairi Diagnosis and Treatment
- Al Kayyali Medical Center – Tel: 4488 7123
- Al Malakiya Clinics
- Al Mansoor Polyclinic
- Al Safa Medical Polyclinic
- Al Salam Medical Polyclinic- Alkhaisa
- Al Salam Medical Polyclinic- Muaither
- Al Salam Medical Polyclinic-Ain Khalid
- Al Shami Medical Center
- Al Shorook Medical Center
- Al Siraj Medical Center
- Al Shefa Polyclinic – D Ring Road – Tel: 4408 9888
- Al Shefa Polyclinic – Al Kharaitiyat – Tel: 4466 0330
- Al Sultan Medical Center – Tel: 4444 0991
- Al Tahrir Medical Center – Tel: 4411 1130
- Al Tai Medical Center
- Al Wehda Medical Center- Al Rayyan Branch
- Al Zaeem Poly Clinic
- Allevia Medical Center – Tel: 4441 2999
- Americal Hospital Clinic
- Apollo Polyclinic – Qatar
- Asian Medical Center WLL
- Aster Medical Center – Al Khor – Tel: 4444 0499
- Aster Medical Center Plus – Al Muntazah – Tel: 4444 0499
- Aster Medical Center Plus – Tel: 4444 0499
- Aster Medical Center – Industrial Area
- Atlas Medical Center – Tel: 4415 3222
- Barzan Medical Center
- Beauty Medical Center
- City Medical Center
- Doc Medical Center
- Doha Clinic Hospital – Tel: 4438 4333
- Dr Fatina Imran Medical Complex
- Dr. Khaled Al Sheikh Ali Medical Center – Tel: 4493 9199
- Dr. Maher Abbas Polyclinic – Tel: 4416 2819
- Dr. Moopen’s Aster Hospital – Tel: 4444 0499
- Dr Sameer’s Clinic
- Dr Walid Abu Halawa Medical Center
- Elite Medical Center – Tel: 4496 0960
- Family Medical Clinics
- Focus Medical Centre
- Future Medical Center – Tel: 4451 0051
- Imara Health Care – Tel: 4496 9000
- Gardenia Medical Center
- Houston American Medical Center
- KIMS Qatar Medical Center – Al Wakra
- KIMS Qatar Medical Center – Barwa City
- Madina Dental Center Luqta
- Magrabi Center For Eye, ENT & Dental – Tel: 4423 8888
- Marbel Medical Center
- Marbel Plus Medical Center
- Millennium Medical Center
- Naseem Al Rabeeh Medical Center – Tel: 4465 2121
- Naseem Al Rabeeh Medical Center Doha – Tel: 4465 2121
- New Naseem Al Rabeeh Medical Center – Tel: 4465 2121
- Nova Health Care – Tel: 4433 9000
- Ocean Medical Center
- Parco Healthcare
- Parco Healthcare – Al Shahaniyya
- Planet Medical Center – Tel: 4444 1129
- Premium Naseem Al Rabeeh Medical Center – Doha
- Premium Naseem Al Rabeeh Medical Center – Hilal
- Queen Hospital – Tel: 4419 0888
- Raha Medical Center WLL – Tel: 4498 8295
- Reem Medical Center
- SAC Polyclinic- Qatar Mall
- Sama Medical Care
- Sidra medicine
- Syrian American Medical Center – Tel: 4019 7888
- Tadawi Medical Center – Tel: 4041 4243
- The International Medical Center
- The Medical Centre-Qatar Airways
- Turkish Hospital – Tel: 4499 2444
- United Medical Center
- Value Medical Complex – Tel: 4411 5884
- Wellcare Polyclinic – Tel: 44620901
- West Bay Medicare – Tel: 4020 6336
At the Airport
If you are travelling to a country or using an airline that needs a pre-travel COVID-19 test, your airline will verify this information at check-in and retain a copy of the test result. Please have additional copies of the test result available with you for submission at departure and arrival airports.
In addition to a negative RT-PCR test result, many countries around the world have specific regulations in place for arriving and departing passengers to limit the spread of COVID-19. Please ensure that you understand how all these travel requirements affect you when planning your trip.
Dedicated COVID-19 Hotline
Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) has a dedicated COVID-19 hotline 16000 to answer public queries regarding the disease. The Ministry urges individuals who display symptoms of COVID-19 to quickly contact the helpline.
The toll-free hotline is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is available in Arabic and English.
RT-PCR test for travel to India
All the passengers arriving from the United Kingdom, Europe, and the Middle East should carry a negative RT-PCR Test report for which test should have been conducted within 72 hours before undertaking the journey. The same also shall be uploaded on the online portal.
You can find the latest travel requirements on Qatar Airways Travel and Entry Requirements Website. For more information, please contact your local Qatar Airways Sales Representative.
Copyright © DohaGuides.com – Full or partial reproduction of this article is prohibited.
FAQ on Pre-Travel PCR Test in Qatar
Where can I do the RT-PCR Test in Qatar?
From 4th April 2021, RT-PCR tests for travel can be done only at private clinics/hospitals approved by the Ministry of Public Health.
How much is the cost of the RT-PCR Test in Qatar?
At private clinics, the price is fixed at QR 300 with effect from 8th April 2021. However, there are some private clinics offering the test for QR 200 onwards.
How much time is required to get the RT-PCR test result?
The entire process, from sample collection to results, can take between 24 to 48 hours in normal cases.
Would I lose my ticket price if my RT-PCR test result is positive?
If the test result is positive, you would not be allowed to travel. Most airlines will refund a portion of your ticket price or allow you to rebook for a different date by paying the cancellation charge.
- How To Get Hamad Health Card in Qatar
- How To Renew Qatar Hamad Health Card Online
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccination in Qatar
- Guide To Tawtheeq National Authentication System