In September 2022, Saudi Arabia announced new regulations that enable GCC residents the option to apply for an eVisa. The ministerial decree signed by the Minister of Tourism Ahmed Al-Khateeb has made it quicker, easier and more accessible to visit Saudi Arabia.
The new decree means that Qatar residents can now apply for a Saudi visa, without having to visit the Saudi Embassy in Doha. In this article, we will be explaining the requirements, fees and step-by-step instructions on how to apply online for a Saudi visa for Qatar residents.
- Saudi Visa For Qatar Residents: Eligibility Requirements
- Visa Validity
- Required Documents
- Saudi Visa For Qatar Residents: Cost
- How To Apply For Saudi Visa For Qatar Residents
- Applying For Dependents
- Other Notes
- Saudi Visa Helpline
- Frequently Asked Questions
Saudi Visa For Qatar Residents: Eligibility Requirements
- Passport should be valid for at least 6 months.
- Qatar ID should be valid for at least 3 months.
- The applicant’s occupation should be among the list of eligible occupations (Make sure to check this list before applying).
- Health insurance must be applied through the eVisa application platform.
- For children under 18, the parent is required to apply first.
The multiple-entry visa is valid for one year (365 days). On each entry, you can stay for up to 90 days.
The following should be ready before you start applying:
- Recent passport-sized photo with white background, taken in formal/modest clothing
- Scanned Passport
- Scanned Qatar ID card
- Credit/debit card for online payment
Saudi Visa For Qatar Residents: Cost
The total cost for the Saudi Visa for Qatar Residents (including service charges) is around QAR 329. Medical insurance must be obtained from the visa platform and costs extra.
Below is a breakdown of the costs:
|Fees||Cost (QAR)||Cost (USD)|
|Visa Fee (Saudi Riyal 300)||290.61||79.85|
|Electronic Visa Processing Fee||36.40||10|
|Banking Service Fee||1.82||0.5|
How To Apply For Saudi Visa For Qatar Residents
The visa application process will be entirely online on Saudi Government’s Unified National Visa Platform.
Step 1: Go to the Saudi Visa Platform Website
The link is https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/
If you see the Arabic page, click on the “E” icon (blue circle) on the top left to change to English.
Step 2: Click on “Login” and select “Individuals Login”
You can see the option on the top right of the page.
Step 3: Log in or Register on the platform
If this is your first time, click the “Register” link. You can register using your email address.
- You will receive an email for activation. Click on “Activate”.
- Once registered, you can log in using your email and password.
Step 4: Click on “Add New Application”
You can find this on the right side of the dashboard.
Step 5: Click “Agree” to the terms and conditions
- Read the Online e-Payment Services Agreement and click “Agree”.
- Read the Agreement and click “Agree”.
Step 6: Fill up the application details and upload a photo
- Visa Type: Select the type of your visit (Business Visit, Tourism Visit, Family Visit, Umrah etc.).
- Transport Mode: Select Air, Land, Sea or leave it Open.
- Saudi Mission: Select “Doha”.
- Enter your personal information and upload your photo.
- The photo must have a white background and be with uniform lighting.
Step 7: Select Nationality and “GCC Residence” option
Once you enter your nationality, you can see a question with some choices. For GCC Residents’ Visit Visa, select “A valid residence for a period of no less than three months in the countries of the Cooperation Council for the Gulf Countries, including domestic workers who come with their sponsors”.
Step 8: Enter QID details and upload documents
- Residence Or Visa Number: Enter your Qatar ID number
- Residence Or Visa Expiry Date: Enter your Qatar ID expiry
- Issuing Country: Qatar
- Occupation: Select occupation as per the Qatar ID
Upload your passport and Qatar ID copy. The files can be in JPG or PNG format, with a maximum size of 1 MB.
Step 9: Enter passport details and address
Enter your passport number, passport-type, issuing country, date of issue, date of expiry, place of birth, date of birth, marital status, gender, occupation, and address in Saudi Arabic (KSA Home Address).
You must also give travel details like port of entry and expected entry date to KSA. If travelling by air, enter your airport city. If travelling by land, you may choose “Dammam” or “Dhahran” as your port of entry.
Step 10: Purchase medical insurance
You may be required to purchase medical insurance from the visa platform.
On this page, you must enter medical insurance information, including entry date, address, mobile number and some basic health questions.
Step 11: You will receive updates in your email
Your visa application will be reviewed, and status updates will be sent to you by email. Usually the process takes less than 24-48 hours.
Applying For Dependents
For children under 18 years, parents must apply for their eVisa first, and then reapply for minors.
Take note that if you are applying for your spouse, children, or any other first-degree relatives that are unemployed, you must input the same occupation you used for yourself.
- GCC residents with any passport/nationality can apply for an eVisa.
- This visa will also allow you to perform Umrah.
- In case the visa gets rejected, the processing charges are non-refundable.
Saudi Visa Helpline
For technical support in case of any error, please call +966 920011114.
You can also contact using email [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Qatar residents need visas for Saudi Arabia?
Yes, Just like all expatriates living in GCC countries, Qatar residents should also apply for a visa to enter Saudi Arabia.
How much is the fee for Dubai Visa for Qatar Residents?
The visa application will cost 300 Saudi riyals ($80), excluding the health insurance fee.
How long is the Saudi visa for Qatar residents valid?
The multiple-entry Saudi eVisa is valid for a year, with each period of stay in the kingdom allowed up to 90 days.
- How To Get Free Saudi Visa With Hayya Card
- How To Apply for Dubai Visa For Hayya Card Holders (Through GDRFA)
- How To Apply Dubai Visa For Qatar Residents
- How To Get UAE Visa With Hayya Card
- How To Get Free Oman Visa With Hayya Card
Copyright © DohaGuides.com – Full or partial reproduction of this article in any language is prohibited.