Education City Stadium, is one of eight stadiums, which have been built, renovated, or reconstructed for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™. Education City Stadium, with a capacity of 44,667 will host eight matches during the FIFA World Cup, including six group-stage matches along with a pre-quarter game and one quarter-final.
Here is everything you need to know about Education City Stadium, including its location, seating map, and how to get to the stadium using the Doha Metro, Stadium Express Bus, Car, or Taxi.
- Education City Stadium Location and How To Reach
- Reaching Education City Stadium By Metro
- Reaching Education City Stadium By Stadium Express Buses
- Reaching Education City Stadium By Car
- Reaching Education City Stadium By Taxi, Uber, Careem
- Education City Stadium Seating Map
- Education City Stadium World Cup Matches
- About Education City Stadium
Education City Stadium Location and How To Reach
Education City Stadium is located in Qatar Foundation’s Education City in Al Rayyan, 7km northwest of central Doha (location map).
You can reach Education City Stadium either by Metro, Stadium Express Bus, car or taxi. Here are the details about each option:
Reaching Education City Stadium By Metro
The closest Doha Metro Station is Education City Metro Station (Green line). The station is a minimum of a 15-minute walk from the stadium.
During the World Cup, Doha Metro will operate the following hours:
- Saturday to Thursday: 6 AM – 3 AM
- Friday: 9 AM – 3 AM
You can use your Hayya Card for free transport on Doha Metro.
Reaching Education City Stadium By Stadium Express Buses
Stadium Express Bus is the fastest way to get to the stadium.
This service will operate from dedicated Stadium Express Bus Hubs from central Doha and accommodation sites to Education City Stadium. After the drop-off, there will be around a 15-minute walk to the stadium.
- Buses start running 4 hours before match kick-off and stop 1.5 hours after the final whistle.
- The last bus before the match will depart the Bus Hub one hour before kick-off.
|Departure Bus Hub||Service Number||Minimum Journey Time|
|Barwa Madinatna||S931||45 minutes|
|Souq Waqif – North||S932||35 minutes|
|FIFA Fan Festival™||S933||30 minutes|
|West Bay||S934||25 minutes|
|Barwa Barahat Al Janoub||S935||45 minutes|
You can use the Hayya to Qatar 2022 app to find bus hub locations.
Stadium-to-Stadium Express Buses
For ticketholders with same-day match tickets during the tournament group stage, a free Stadium-to-Stadium Express Bus service is available.
It provides direct travel between stadiums without the need to head into central Doha for the first and third matches of the day and the second and fourth matches.
Reaching Education City Stadium By Car
Residents and locals are encouraged to drive to the stadiums to free up public transport for visitors.
- Parking space is located close to the stadium.
- These car parks will open 4 hours before kick-off and close 1.5 hours after the final whistle.
- Accessible parking options will be available.
Fans are advised to arrive early because car parks will fill up fast.
|Spectator Parking Lot||Minimum walking time to the stadium|
|A||Tram + 20-minute walk|
|B||15-minute shuttle bus (Service Number S938) + 15-minute walk|
|C||15-minute shuttle bus (Service Number S939) + 10-minute walk|
Traffic diversions to Education City Stadium start 6 hours before match kick-off and end 3 hours after the final whistle.
Reaching Education City Stadium By Taxi, Uber, Careem
- Drop-off and pick-up areas are located next to Education City Metro Station, a minimum of a 20-minute walk to the stadium.
- This area will open 4 hours before match kick-off and close 1.5 hours after the final whistle.
You can use the Hayya to Qatar 2022 app to find pick-up/ drop-off locations.
See below the official videos about how to reach Education City Stadium:
Education City Stadium Seating Map
Here is a layout map of Education City Stadium for the FIFA World Cup:
Education City Stadium World Cup Matches
|22 November||Group D: Denmark v Tunisia||1600 local time|
|24 November||Group H: Uruguay v Korea Republic||1600 local time|
|26 November||Group C: Poland v Saudi Arabia||1600 local time|
|28 November||Group H: Korea Republic v Ghana||1600 local time|
|30 November||Group D: Tunisia v France||1800 local time|
|2 December||Group H: Korea Republic v Portugal||1800 local time|
|6 December||Round of 16: 1F v 2E||1800 local time|
|9 December||Quarter-final: W53 v W54||1800 local time|
- Check the prohibited items list before you come to the stadium.
About Education City Stadium
The ultra-modern design of Education City Stadium blends seamlessly with traditional Islamic architecture. Triangles form diamond-like geometric patterns on the stadium’s facade, which change color as the sun moves across the sky.
An impressive light show illuminates the façade at night – giving fans a memorable surprise.
Fans, players, and officials will benefit from state-of-the-art cooling technology at Education City Stadium.
The construction of the stadium was completed in June 2020, making it the third World Cup stadium to be completed.
Education City Stadium Legacy and Sustainability
According to the FIFA website, the stadium’s modular upper tier will be removed after the tournament. The seats will be donated to a country that lacks sporting infrastructure.
There will be a retail area, conference center, health and wellness facility, and two schools. A sporting hub will be created for the local community, including students and faculty.
The stadium is the first Qatar 2022 tournament venue to achieve a five-star design and build rating from the Global Sustainability Assessment System (GSAS).
You May Also Like:
- List of Items Prohibited in World Cup Stadiums
- World Cup Stadium Food Menu and Prices
- Doha Metro Service Updates During World Cup
- How To Get Free Oman Visa for Hayya Card Holders
- How To Get Free Saudi Visa for Hayya Card Holders
- Al Bayt Stadium Guide
- Al Rayyan Stadium Guide
- Al Wakrah Stadium Guide
- Lusail Stadium Guide
- Khalifa Stadium Guide
- Al Thumama Stadium
Copyright © DohaGuides.com – Full or partial reproduction of this article in any language is prohibited.
References: Qatar 2022