The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ kicked off on 20 November 2022 at Al Bayt Stadium. Al Bayt Stadium, with a capacity of 68,895, will also host eight other FIFA World Cup matches, including one quarter-final and one semi-final.
Here is everything you need to know about Al Bayt Stadium, including location, map, and how to get to the stadium using the Doha Metro, Stadium Express Bus, Car, or Taxi.
- Al Bayt Stadium Location and How To Reach
- Reaching Al Bayt Stadium By Metro
- Reaching Al Bayt Stadium By Stadium Express Buses
- Reaching Al Bayt Stadium By Car
- Reaching Al Bayt Stadium By Taxi, Uber, Careem
- Important Things To Note
- Restricted Items Storage
- Al Bayt Stadium World Cup Matches
- Al Bayt Stadium Seating Map
- About Al Bayt Stadium
- Commitment To Sustainability
- Al Bayt Park
- Changes After World Cup
Al Bayt Stadium Location and How To Reach
Al Bayt Stadium is in Al Khor, adjacent to Al Khor Coastal Road, 35km north of central Doha (location map).
You can reach Al Bayt Stadium either by Metro, Stadium Express Bus, car or taxi. Here are the details about each option:
Reaching Al Bayt Stadium By Metro
The closest Doha Metro Station is Lusail QNB Metro Station (Red line).
During the World Cup, Doha Metro will operate the following hours:
- Saturday to Thursday: 6 AM – 3 AM
- Friday: 9 AM – 3 AM
You can use your Hayya Card for free transport on Doha Metro.
Shuttle Bus Service Between Al Bayt Stadium and Metro
A shuttle bus service (Service Number S950) will run to/ from Lusail QNB Metro Station.
- The bus journey may take around 25 minutes.
- From the drop-off area, it is a minimum of a 15-minute walk to the stadium.
- The bus service starts 4 hours before kick-off and ends 1.5 hours after the final whistle.
Note that the Metro will be crowded before and after matches. So please plan your journey in advance.
Reaching Al Bayt Stadium By Stadium Express Buses
Stadium Express Bus is the fastest way to get to the stadium.
This service will operate from dedicated Stadium Express Bus Hubs from central Doha and accommodation sites to Al Bayt Stadium. After the drop-off, there will be a 20-minute walk to the stadium.
- Buses start running 4 hours before match kick-off and stop 1.5 hours after the final whistle.
- The last bus before the match will depart the Bus Hub one hour before kick-off.
|Departure Bus Hub||Service Number||Minimum Journey Time|
|Barwa Madinatna||S951||65 minutes|
|Souq Waqif – North||S952||60 minutes|
|FIFA Fan Festival™||S953||55 minutes|
|West Bay||S954||45 minutes|
|Barwa Barahat Al Janoub||S955||65 minutes|
You can use the Hayya to Qatar 2022 app to find bus hub locations.
Reaching Al Bayt Stadium By Car
Residents and locals are encouraged to drive to the stadiums to free up public transport for visitors. If you are driving your own car, please see the below video from Security Committee about roads:
Al Bayt Stadium parking will be able to hold 6,000 cars, 350 buses and the coming and going of 150 public buses/shuttles, as well as 1,000 taxis and water taxis.
- Parking space is located close to the stadium.
- These car parks will open 4 hours before kick-off and close 1.5 hours after the final whistle.
- Accessible parking options will be available.
Fans are advised to arrive early because car parks will fill up fast.
|Spectator Parking Lot||Minimum walking time to the stadium|
Reaching Al Bayt Stadium By Taxi, Uber, Careem
- The drop-off and pick-up area is a minimum of a 25-minute walk to the stadium.
- This area will open 4 hours before match kick-off and close 1.5 hours after the final whistle.
You can use the Hayya to Qatar 2022 app to find pick-up/ drop-off locations.
See below the official videos about how to reach Al Bayt Stadium:
Important Things To Note
- Have your match ticket and Hayya Card ready at the gate
- All ticketholders must pass through safety and security screening.
- Be ready to take off your jacket or coat, scarf and other accessories.
- Be prepared to empty your pockets – try to avoid having loose change.
- Be ready to have your bag(s) inspected.
- Check the prohibited items list before you come to the stadium.
- Please follow the instructions of the stadium personnel.
Restricted Items Storage
Fans can store items that are not allowed in the stadium at Restricted Items Storage, which is located in close proximity to all the stadium entrances. The service is free of charge.
Al Bayt Stadium World Cup Matches
|20 November||Group A: Qatar v Ecuador||1900 local time|
|23 November||Group F: Morocco v Senegal||1300 local time|
|25 November||Group B: England v USA||2200 local time|
|27 November||Group E: Spain v Germany||2200 local time|
|29 November||Group A: Netherlands v Qatar||1800 local time|
|1 December||Group E: Costa Rica v Germany||2200 local time|
|4 December||Round of 16: 1B v 2A||2200 local time|
|10 December||Quarter-final: W51 v W52||2200 local time|
|14 December||Semi-final W59 v W60||2200 local time|
Al Bayt Stadium Seating Map
Here is a layout map of Al Bayt Stadium for the FIFA World Cup:
About Al Bayt Stadium
Al Bayt Stadium’s name and structure are inspired by Bayt Al Sha’ar, a tent used historically by nomadic peoples in Qatar and the Gulf. The stadium design honours Qatar’s past and present, while looking forward to the future.
The arena’s distinctive exterior reflects the black and white stripes of the traditional tent, as do the vibrant “sadu” patterns inside. The retractable roof provides covered seating for all spectators.
The stadium was inaugurated on 30 November 2021 during the opening day of the FIFA Arab Cup Qatar 2021™.
Commitment To Sustainability
During the development of Al Bayt Stadium, sustainability was paramount, and the upper tier was designed to be removed after the tournament – allowing the seats to be recommissioned. Several parks, lakes, and protected greenbelts surround the stadium, creating a lasting legacy.
The stadium was awarded a five-star rating for its design and construction from the Global Sustainability Assessment System (GSAS), along with a Class A* rating for its construction process and a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio Compliance certificate.
Al Bayt Park
Covering an area larger than 30 football pitches, Al Bayt Park boasts vast green spaces with play areas and exercise stations, along with tracks for running, cycling, horse riding and camel riding. In addition, the precinct is home to multi-sport grounds which are also open for public use.
Changes After World Cup
The modular upper tier of the stadium will be removed after the FIFA World Cup, with the seats repurposed to build sporting facilities in Qatar and abroad. The upper concourse of the stadium will be converted into various facilities after Qatar 2022.
The skybox level will be converted into a five-star hotel, while the stadium building will include a shopping centre, food court, gym, and multipurpose hall. In the near future, a leading sports medicine hospital will open.
You May Also Like:
- List of Items Prohibited in World Cup Stadiums
- World Cup Stadium Food Menu and Prices
- How To Change Hayya Card Details
- Qatar Working Hours During World Cup
- How To Apply for UAE Visa for Hayya Card Holders
- How To Get Free Saudi Visa for Hayya Card Holders
- Al Rayyan Stadium Guide
- Lusail Stadium Guide
- Education City Stadium Guide
- Al Thumama Stadium
- Khalifa Stadium Guide
References: Qatar 2022