If you’re looking to explore the Arabian Peninsula, then a Qatar-Oman Joint Tourist Visa is a great option.
This type of visa allows you to visit both countries for up to 30 days, giving you plenty of time to see all that each has to offer. From beautiful beaches and stunning mosques to bustling markets and ancient ruins, there’s something for everyone in Qatar and Oman.
This article will explain everything you need to know about the Qatar-Oman Joint Tourist Visa.
21 SEP 2022 UPDATE: From 1 November to 23 December 2022, visitors’ entry into the State of Qatar will be restricted to holders of Hayya Card only. Visit visa services will be suspended during this period. The following categories will be excluded from the Hayya Card requirement:
– Qatari citizens, residents and GCC citizens holding a Qatari ID card
– Holders of personal recruitment visas and work entry permits
– Humanitarian cases through the airport (based on the approval from the official application platform)
What is Qatar-Oman Joint Tourist Visa?
Qatar-Oman Joint Tourist Visa is a common tourist visa granted to 33 nationalities through a joint agreement between the State of Qatar and the Sultanate of Oman.
This visa makes it a lot easier and more convenient for tourists who want to explore both countries.
Validity of Qatar-Oman Joint Tourist Visa
Qatar-Oman Joint Tourist Visa is valid for 30 days. It allows you to stay in Qatar or Oman for a month and allows for entries to both these countries. However, in case of travel outside these countries, you will need to apply for a new visa.
According to the Qatar MOI website, you can extend your stay in Qatar for another 30 days by paying a fee of QR 100. However, according to the Oman ROP website, you cannot extend your stay in Oman.
Citizens of the following 33 countries are eligible for the Qatar-Oman Joint Tourist Visa:
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vatican City
How to Get a Qatar-Oman Joint Tourist Visa
Visa Process From Qatar Ministry of Interior
According to Qatar’s Government website, Qatar-Oman Joint Tourist Visa can be issued at Doha airport upon arrival by following the below steps:
- Step 1: Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months
- Step 2: Request the immigration official for the Qatar-Oman Joint Visa
- Step 3: Fill out the visa application form and attach two passport-size photos
- Step 4: Show the bank statement with a balance of at least QR 5,000 over the last three months
- Step 5: Pay the visa fee of QR 100 (USD 28)
According to the experience of previous travellers, you have to make sure you get a special stamp on your passport that says the entry is valid for Oman.
Visa Process From Royal Oman Police
Oman categorizes this visa under Visa Type 20A if the traveller first enters Oman before going to Qatar. The following conditions are applicable for Visa Type 20A:
- You must be outside the Sultanate of Oman at the time of application.
- There is a fee of OMR 10 (USD 26) for this visa, which is non-refundable.
Oman categorizes this visa under Visa Type 20B if the traveller first enters Qatar before going to Oman. The following conditions are applicable for Visa Type 20B:
- The traveller must already hold a valid Qatar visit visa that is also valid for Oman.
- The traveller must enter Oman directly from Qatar.
- Oman does not charge a fee for this visa.
The following conditions apply to both Visa Type 20A and Visa Type 20B:
- On the visa sticker, both Qatar and Oman must be mentioned.
- The passport must be valid for at least six months at the time of entry into Oman.
- There is only one entry allowed per visa for Oman.
- In both Oman and Qatar, the length of stay is 30 days. The stay in Oman cannot be extended. There is a fine of OMR 10 (USD 26) for each day a visitor overstays in Oman.
- You should not have been previously refused an Oman visa.
- Entry into Oman is at the discretion of the Royal Oman Police officer at the port of entry.
AUGUST 2022 UPDATE: Please note that due to current travel restrictions, we cannot confirm if this type of visa is still available in both countries. This information is still available on Qatar’s official websites, but they haven’t been updated recently. Even though Oman’s e-visa portal says that Visa Type 20A should be applied outside the country, there is no option to apply online. As this visa is not very common, even some airline staff may not be aware of the procedure. We suggest you opt for a visa on arrival in Qatar, which is free of cost to more than 90+ nationalities.
You can find more information here:
READ NEXT: Qatar Visa On Arrival: Complete Guide
- Qatar Visitors’ Guide
- Ehteraz Pre-Travel Registration
- Qatar Transit Visa
- Qatar Family Visit Visa
- Qatar Visit Visa Types and Requirements
- Qatar Visa Check Online and Printing
- HIA Transit Traveler Guide
Copyright © DohaGuides.com – Full or partial reproduction of this article in any language is prohibited.
Source: Qatar Hukoomi, Royal Oman Police