Doha Guides Team regularly reviews this article to ensure the content is up-to-date and accurate. The last editorial review and update were on 26 October 2022.
As a result of COVID-19, most countries have implemented special entry and exit restrictions. Qatar, being a highly visited destination, has been imposing various measures from time to time to control the spread of the pandemic.
The travel policy by Qatar’s Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) is reviewed from time to time, depending on the domestic and international situation. This article explains everything about Qatar Travel and Quarantine rules in place now, including entry restrictions and eligibility for home quarantine.
26 OCT 2022 UPDATE: As per the latest travel policy announced by Qatar’s Ministry of Public Health (MoPH), pre-travel and post-travel COVID testing and Ehteraz pre-registration are not required from 1 November. The Ehteraz mobile app is only required for entering public and private healthcare facilities.
21 SEP 2022 UPDATE: From 1 November to 23 December 2022, visitors’ entry into the State of Qatar will be restricted to holders of the Hayya Card only. Visit visa services will be suspended during this period. The following categories will be excluded from the Hayya Card requirement:
– Qatari citizens, residents and GCC citizens holding a Qatari ID card
– Holders of personal recruitment visas and work entry permits
– Humanitarian cases through the airport (based on the approval from the official application platform)
1 SEPTEMBER 2022 UPDATE: Qatar’s Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) has announced a new travel policy which will come into effect on Sunday, 4 September 2022, at 6 pm local time. This article has been updated to reflect these changes.
* Quarantine is no longer mandatory for all travellers arriving from abroad. However, if passenger tests positive for COVID-19 after arriving in Qatar, quarantine measures must be followed as stipulated by the State.
* Country classification based on COVID-19 risk (Red List and Standard Health List) is no longer applicable.
Qatar Travel And Quarantine Rules
From 1 November 2022, the following travel rules shall apply:
- Quarantine is no longer mandatory for all travellers.
- Vaccination is no longer mandatory for visitors.
- Ehteraz pre-travel registration is no longer required.
- COVID Testing (pre-travel or post-travel) is not required.
Ehteraz Green Status
The Ehteraz mobile application with health status indicated as Green is only required to gain access to public and private healthcare facilities around Qatar. The Heath Status on the Ehteraz mobile app for fully vaccinated persons will be green with a golden frame.
The Health Status of citizens, residents, and visitors who have received the vaccine outside Qatar will remain green without a golden frame until their vaccine data is updated in the system or through the Overseas Vaccine Portal.
Vaccines Approved in Qatar
The following are the vaccines approved in Qatar for immunity status:
|Approved Vaccines||Conditionally Approved Vaccines *|
|Pfizer / BioNTech (Comirnaty)||Sinopharm|
|AstraZeneca (Covishield / Oxford / Vaxzevria)||Sputnik V|
|Janssen / Johnson&Johnson (One dose)||Covaxin|
Fully Vaccinated: Anyone who received any of the following COVID-19 vaccines approved/recognized by the Ministry of Public Health within its immunity validity period:
|Vaccine Type||Immunity Validity|
|Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zenica COVID-19 vaccines||9 months from 14 days after 2nd dose;|
12 months after the booster dose
|Jansen & Jansen COVID-19 vaccine||9 months from 14 days after 1st dose;|
12 months from 7 days of receiving the booster dose
|Conditionally approved COVID-19 vaccines*||6 months from 14 days after the 2nd dose.|
*A positive Serology on Antibody Test lab result is required and is valid for 30 days from testing.
For those who received booster doses using MOPH-approved vaccines, immune status is extended to 12 months from 14 days after the booster dose.
Recovered: Anyone who had a medically confirmed COVID-19 infection acquired either locally or overseas is considered to have immune status valid for twelve (12) months from the date of the infection. There should be an official and verifiable laboratory test result as evidence of the past infection.
Unvaccinated / Non-immune: Anyone who does not meet the above criteria.
To be considered vaccinated, travellers vaccinated outside Qatar must present an official vaccine certificate (in Arabic or English language) with a valid QR Code that includes the following information:
- The name of the traveller must be identical to that on the passport
- Doses and dates of vaccine given (one dose for the Jansen vaccine and two doses for other vaccines)
- Type/name of the vaccine
- The serial number of the vaccine batch and QR code (if available).
Travel Helpline Numbers
For more information, you can contact the relevant entities responsible for each process, and they are as follow:
- For Ehteraz approval, please call on (109) inside Qatar or (+974 44069999) outside Qatar.
- For health or vaccination queries, please call the hotline (16000) or the Governmental Health Communication Center through the Ministry of Public Health Website.
Please see the MOPH website for the latest updates. As the rules can be revised at any time, we strongly recommend you check this regularly for any changes that may affect your plans.
FAQ on Qatar Quarantine Rules
Is hotel quarantine required for unvaccinated travellers?
Quarantine is no longer mandatory for all travellers arriving from abroad. However, travellers who test positive for COVID-19 after arriving in Qatar must undergo quarantine measures by the procedures followed in the State of Qatar.
Will my Ehteraz status change during isolation?
The Health Status on the Ehteraz app will remain red throughout the isolation period until the result of the COVID-19 test comes out negative.
- How To Download Covid Vaccine Certificate in Qatar
- Qatar Visa On Arrival: Complete Guide
- Qatar Family Visa Requirements and Step-By-Step Guide
- Qatar Family Visit Visa Requirements and Guides
- How To Get Hamad Health Card in Qatar
Copyright © DohaGuides.com – Full or partial reproduction of this article in any language is prohibited.
Information source: Ministry of Public Health, Ministry of Interior, Qatar Airways