All expatriate residents in Qatar are issued with Qatar ID cards with important details like QID Number, Name, Nationality, Date of Birth, Profession, Sponsor, QID Expiry and Passport Details.
Often the passport number and other passport details need to be changed in the QID when the expatriate’s passport is renewed or reissued. This article explains the detailed steps on how to change passport number in Qatar ID and answers the most frequently asked questions.
- Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Fees for Updating Passport Details in Qatar ID
- How To Change Passport Number in Qatar ID
- FAQ on Changing Passport Number in Qatar ID
- Is it compulsory to change passport number in QID before travel?
- Can I update my passport number while I am outside the country?
- Should the QID holder personally visit the service centre for updating details?
- Would my Qatar ID expiry date change after updating the passport details?
- Within how many days of passport renewal should I update the QID?
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Can I travel with my old passport number in Qatar ID?
Yes, it is possible to travel outside Qatar even with the old passport number in your QID. All you have to do is to carry both passports (old and new) during your travel. However, it is advisable to update the details if you have enough time to do so.
Can I enter Qatar with the old passport number in Qatar ID?
Yes, in case you have renewed your passport while you are outside the country, you can still come to Qatar without updating the passport details in your QID. Just make sure that you are carrying both the passports (old and new) while arriving in Qatar.
What are the conditions to update passport details in Qatar ID?
There are only two conditions to update the passport details in QID:
- The residence permit has to be valid
- The QID holder should be inside the country
Fees for Updating Passport Details in Qatar ID
The service fee to change passport number in Qatar ID is QR 100. There would be an additional charge of QR 20 if you are opting for Q-Post delivery.
How To Change Passport Number in Qatar ID
Option 1: Update Passport Details in Metrash2 Mobile App
Step 1: Log in to your Metrash2 mobile application
If you haven’t activated the service on your mobile, here is our detailed guide on how to activate Metrash.
Step 2: Click on “Residency”
Step 3: Click on “Change Passport Details”
Step 4: Enter QID number and click on “Next”
Step 5: Enter new passport details
You have to provide the new Passport Number, Issue Date, Expiry Date and Place of Issue. After verifying the details, click on “Next”
Step 6: Upload new passport images
Take photos of the new passport’s main page and second page. Use the mobile camera vertically and make sure all data is clear and readable. Otherwise, your application will be rejected. After uploading the photos, click on “Next”.
Step 7: Select the delivery option
You can either choose Qatar Post (Q-Post) or “Nearest Service Center”.
- If you select Q-Post you have to enter the address in the next screen. There would be an additional charge of QR 20.
- If you select “Nearest Service Center”, you can collect the new card from any MOI Service Center.
Q-Post delivery usually takes 2-4 working days. If you have selected “Nearest Service Center”, you can collect the new card even on the same day.
Step 8: Make payment using a debit/credit card
Option 2: Update Passport Details through MOI Portal
To use this service, the applicant has to log in with a smart card, and must be registered with Metrash. Hence this option is more suitable for companies or typing centres.
Step 1: Log in with your smartcard to the MOI E-Services Portal
Step 2: Select “Residence Services”, then “Transfer Residence Permit to New Passport”
Step 3: Enter the QID number of the resident whose residence data are to be transferred, then click on “Next”
Step 4: Enter the data of the resident and new passport
Step 5: Select the reasons for transferring the residence, then click on “Next”
Step 6: Select the delivery method for the new residence permit
Step 7: Attach a clear copy of the new passport (maximum 2 copies)
Step 8: Click on “Pay Fees”, and pay the applicable fees
- In the case of personal transactions, the user will determine the method of receiving the new residence permit (either by personally going to the Expatriates Affairs Department or via Qatar Post).
- In the case of enterprise transactions, the new residence permit will be delivered by Qatar Post.
Option 3: Update Passport Details by Visiting the MOI Service Centre
Step 1: Visit any MOI Service Centre like Gharaffa or Mesaimeer
Step 2: Take a token from reception
Step 3: When your token number is displayed, go to the designated counter and give your old passport, new passport and Qatar ID
Step 4: Make the payment of QR 100 using a credit/debit card
Step 5: After few minutes, they would keep your old Qatar ID and print a new Qatar ID with updated details
Copyright © DohaGuides.com – Full or partial reproduction of this article is prohibited.
FAQ on Changing Passport Number in Qatar ID
Is it compulsory to change passport number in QID before travel?
No, you can still travel by carrying both old and new passports.
Can I update my passport number while I am outside the country?
No, passport details can only be updated while the QID holder is inside the country.
Should the QID holder personally visit the service centre for updating details?
No, in the case of family sponsorship, the husband can do this on behalf of his wife or children.
Would my Qatar ID expiry date change after updating the passport details?
No, the new QID will have only a new passport number but the QID expiry date will be the same as the previous QID.
Within how many days of passport renewal should I update the QID?
There is no defined time period for updating passport details in QID. However, it is advisable to do it soon to avoid complications.
You May Also Like:
- MOI Metrash2 Registration and User Guide
- How To Get Qatar Driving License: Latest Procedure
- How To Renew Qatar Driving License
- How To Apply For Qatar Birth Certificate Online