Family Visit visas to Qatar are normally issued for 30 days only and can be extended after arrival. A medical test is compulsory for the extension of a family visit visa.
This article explains how to do the medical test for both visit visa extensions as well as for a family residence visa in Qatar.
- When to do the Medical Test for Visit Visa Extension in Qatar
- Locations for Medical Tests
- Qatar Medical Commission Location
- Qatar Medical Commission Timing
- Documents Required for Medical Test
- Fees for Medical Test
- Entrances to Medical Commission
- Medical Test Procedure
- Medical Test Result
- Medical Test for Children
- Visit Visa Extension Process
- FAQ on Medical Test for Visit Visa Extension
When to do the Medical Test for Visit Visa Extension in Qatar
The medical test can be done any time before the expiry of the visit visa. Considering that the test results may take up to 3 working days to be updated, it is advised to do it at least within the first 15-20 days in Qatar.
Locations for Medical Tests
Most people opt to do medical tests for a visit visa extension in Qatar at the government-run Medical Commission Office in Doha.
The tests may also be carried out in authorized primary healthcare centres (Al Shamal Healthcare Center, Al Khor Healthcare Center, Al Wakra Healthcare Center).
The below process is about the medical test in the Medical Commission office which is the most preferred location.
Qatar Medical Commission Location
Medical Commission Office in Doha is located near Woqod Petrol Station near Industrial Area (Abu Hamour). Here is the location map:
Qatar Medical Commission Timing
Normally, Medical Commission is open from 7 am to 12 Noon and 2 pm to 7 pm from Sunday to Thursday. Friday and Saturday are holidays.
Afternoon sessions during mid-week days are comparatively less crowded for families. Keep in mind that on busy days, they may stop issuing tokens 1-2 hours before closing.
Documents Required for Medical Test
The following are the documents required to do the medical test for a visit visa extension in Qatar:
- Original passport of the visitor
- Clear copy of visit visa with a cell phone number to call for emergency
- Debit or credit card for payment of the fees
Fees for Medical Test
- The fee for the medical test is QAR 100 per person
- A debit or credit card is required for payment. Cash payment is not allowed.
- If you don’t have a debit credit card, there is a bank counter near the women’s entrance that can issue a temporary debit card for a small fee.
Entrances to Medical Commission
The Medical Commission Office has separate entrances for male and female visitors. Upon entering the main gate, turn right for the female entrance. For the male entrance, go straight and take the right after the main building.
Men are not allowed to accompany female visitors, even if they are relatives. If the female visitor is someone who might need assistance, one female can enter along with the visitor.
The men’s section usually allows only the visitor to go inside (unless the visitor is old or physically challenged). So if you are giving your Debit/Credit card to the visitor make sure you give the card’s PIN code also.
Note that there are several entrances to Men’s section – one of them is for X-Ray and another is for employment visa medical tests. Check with the security at the entrance and make sure you are waiting at the right place.
Medical Test Procedure
The medical test for a visit visa extension in Qatar consists of screening for HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C. Permit applications are rejected if HIV tests are positive. The visitor will also receive a chest X-Ray for tuberculosis. Here is the detailed process:
- Upon entering, take a token number from the machine at the entrance (or someone will be there to issue tokens).
- Go to the registration counter when your token number is shown on the screen.
- Give the original passport and visa copy (with the contact number).
- After entering the details in the system, they will ask for payment. Pay QR 100 using a debit/credit card.
- They will give back the passport, visa copy as well as a printout with the MC number.
- Go to the area designated for the Blood Test (there are clear directional signs).
- The receptionist will check the printout and issue the bottle for a blood sample.
- Go to the nearby room for a blood drawing (the receptionist will guide you).
- After the blood test, go for a chest X-Ray which is in another area (follow the directional signs).
- Once the X-Ray is done, you can leave.
Sometimes X-Ray is done before the blood test. The staff will guide you depending on availability. In either case, you have to do both tests on the same day. There is another room for a physician’s check-up, which is not needed for a visit visa extension.
The total time required depends on how crowded the place is. On a lucky day, you may wrap up everything in 30 minutes. On another day it may even take 4-5 hours.
Medical Test Result
Usually, the medical test result is available within 24 hours. In some cases, it may delay up to 3 working days.
If the sponsor has activated Metrash2 on his phone, the result will be sent as an SMS. If Metrash2 is not activated, you can check on the Ministry of Public Health website. Here is the link to the website for the medical test result.
Medical Test for Children
For children on visit visa, a medical test is not required. Earlier you had to pay QR 100 as medical report fee for children (even without medical test). As per the recent visitors, Medical Commission is not charging this fee anymore.
Visit Visa Extension Process
Once the medical test is passed, the sponsor can immediately extend the visa online or through Metrash2. Visa extensions can also be done by visiting the MoI service centre. The visa extension fee is QAR 200 per 30 days.
For first and second-degree relatives, the visa can be extended for up to 150 days after the initial 30 days (a total of 180 days).
When renewing through Metrash2, make sure you select the correct number of days. By default, the number of days shown is 150 which means you would end up paying for a five-month extension.
If you are renewing the same visa for a second time, a medical test is not required again.
FAQ on Medical Test for Visit Visa Extension
What all medical tests are done for a visit visa extension?
The medical test for a visit visa extension in Qatar consists of blood tests for HIV, Hepatitis B and C. The visitor will also receive a chest X-Ray for tuberculosis.
How much is the fee for the medical test?
The fee for a medical test to extend a visit visa is QAR 100 (USD 27.50)
Do children need a medical test for a visit visa extension?
For children, there will be no medical test.
What are the timings of the Medical Commission?
Medical Commission is open from 7 AM to 12 Noon and 2 PM to 7 PM on Sunday to Thursday. Friday and Saturday are holidays.
How can I check the result of the medical test online?
If the sponsor has activated Metrash2 on his phone, the result will be sent as an SMS. If Metrash2 is not activated, you can also check on the Ministry website.
You May Also Like:
- Carrying Medicines to Qatar: Important Things To Know
- Qatar Visit Visa Types, Requirements and Procedure
- Qatar Visa On Arrival for GCC Residents: Professions List
- Qatar Family Visit Visa Requirements and How To Apply
Copyright © DohaGuides.com – Full or partial reproduction of this article is prohibited.