Doha Guides Team regularly reviews this article to ensure the content is up-to-date and accurate. The last editorial review and update were on 28 March 2023.
Citizens of over 95 countries are eligible for visa-free entry into the State of Qatar. Under the visa waiver scheme, nationals of India are also eligible to obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 30 days. After entry, this can be further extended for 30 more days free of cost.
This article will explain the eligibility requirements, procedure and answer the frequently asked questions about Qatar Visa On Arrival For Indians.
- Qatar Visa On Arrival For Indians New Rules
- Requirements For Qatar Visa On Arrivals For Indians
- Cost of Qatar Visa On Arrivals For Indians Cost
- Qatar Visa On Arrivals For Indians Validity
- How To Renew Qatar Visa On Arrival
- Other Types of Qatar Visas for Indians
- Qatar Government Helpline
- Frequently Asked Questions
Qatar Visa On Arrival For Indians New Rules
Qatar Visa On Arrival (VOA) service is now open for Indian nationals. However, nationals of 5 countries (India, Pakistan, Iran, Thailand and Ukraine) are required to book their hotel accommodation through the Discover Qatar website.
Discover Qatar hotel booking is compulsory even if the traveller is staying with relatives or friends. Hotel reservations directly from the hotel or though other travel websites are not accepted. Usually, the visa is issued only for the number of days for which the hotel booking is confirmed.
- Ehteraz pre-travel registration is not required in 2023.
- A COVID-19 vaccination certificate is not needed.
- RT-PCR testing is not required for travellers from most countries including India.
- There is no age limit for travellers arriving on a visa on arrival.
Requirements For Qatar Visa On Arrivals For Indians
The following are the requirements for obtaining Qatar Visa On Arrival for Indians:
a) Passport Validity
The passport should be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of entry.
b) Return Flight Ticket
The traveller should have a return flight ticket or onward ticket to another country. The date of the return ticket should be within 30 days of entry.
c) Hotel Reservation (Discover Qatar)
The traveller should have a hotel reservation confirmation for the duration of the stay. The hotel must be booked through the Discover Qatar website.
About Discover Qatar Hotel Booking
Discover Qatar is the destination management company of Qatar Airways and a partner of Qatar Tourism. Based on your budget and room availability, you can choose from a number of private hotels that are listed under Discover Qatar.
- Unlike regular bookings, Discover Qatar booking cannot be cancelled once the traveller has entered the country using VOA. Cancellations up to 48 hours before the arrival date of your hotel booking are subject to a cancellation fee of QAR 100. Cancellations within 48 hours of arrival are subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
- A minimum of 2 nights and a maximum of 60 nights can be booked under this.
- Maximum occupancy in a room is up to 2 adults and 1 child below 11 years of age using the existing bed configuration.
- Passengers below 18 years must be accompanied by an adult.
Upon arrival in Doha, get your booking confirmation (paper print) stamped from Discover Qatar helpline (before immigration).
d) Health Insurance
29 JANUARY 2023 UPDATE: From 1 February 2023, health insurance is mandatory for all visitors to Qatar. Visitors can buy a basic health insurance for QAR 50 for any of the registered insurance companies listed on MOPH website. More details are available here.
e) Proof of Funds
In March 2022, it was announced that visitors from countries like India and Pakistan (using a visa-on-arrival facility) are required to have a valid international credit card or debit card. Several travellers who didn’t have a credit or debit card were denied visas on arrival. The conditions are as follows:
- The card has been under the name of the visitor. The card can be under the family head’s name if you are travelling together as a family.
- For debit cardholders, three months’ bank statements with a minimum balance equivalent to at least QR 5,000 is also required.
NOTE: It is not clear if a credit/debit card would still be required as hotel bookings are now through Discover Qatar. It is not listed as a requirement on the Qatar Airways website, but some airlines are reportedly asking for this.
Cost of Qatar Visa On Arrivals For Indians Cost
Qatar Visa On Arrival for Indian citizens is issued free of cost. However Discover Qatar hotel booking can be expensive if you plan to stay with your relatives or friends.
Qatar Visa On Arrivals For Indians Validity
The visa waiver is valid for up to 30 days from the date of arrival. This can be further extended for another 30 days free of cost. As per the experience of recent the travellers, visa on arrival for Indians is only issued for the number of days for which Discover Qatar hotel booking is confirmed. Sometimes this is 15 days irrespective of the hotel booking.
Here is a short video about Qatar Visa On Arrival for Indians:
How To Renew Qatar Visa On Arrival
As Discover Qatar hotel booking is now mandatory for Indians, it will be needed for an extension also. A visitor can visit Airport Immigration Office or MOI Service Center with his passport, confirmation of Discover Qatar hotel booking for extension of the current visa waiver.
Other Types of Qatar Visas for Indians
Visitors from India can also come using Family Visit Visa, without booking a hotel accommodation. This type of visa can be applied by first-degree relatives who are residents of Qatar. You can find more about Qatar Family Visit Visa here.
Other short-duration visit visas like Tourist Visa, Transit Visa are currently suspended. Indians looking to work in Qatar will need an Employment Visa (long-term) or Business Visa (short-term), which are sponsored by employers in Qatar.
Expatriates working in Qatar can sponsor their immediate family (spouse and children) if they meet certain eligibility conditions. You can learn more about Family Residence Visa here.
Qatar Government Helpline
For more information, you can contact the Qatar Government Helpline via telephone at 109 (inside Qatar) or +974-44069999 (outside Qatar). The e-mail address is [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Indian citizens need a visa for Qatar?
Indian citizens travelling to Qatar can get a free visa on arrival for 30 days, with an option to extend for another 30 days. The visa on arrival is issued subject to conditions like passport validity, hotel booking and return air tickets.
Is COVID-19 vaccination required for Indians travelling to Qatar?
As of 2023, a COVID-19 vaccination certificate is not mandatory for travellers from India.
Is PCR testing required for Indians travelling to Qatar?
As of 2023, PCR testing is not mandatory for travellers from India.
Is there any quarantine for travellers from India?
Quarantine is not required for travellers from India even if they are unvaccinated.
Is health insurance required for Qatar Visa On Arrival?
With effect from 1 February 2023, health insurance is mandatory for visa on arrival.
- Qatar Family Visa (Residence): Requirements and Guide
- Qatar Family Visit Visa Requirements & How To Apply
- GCC Residents Visit Visa To Qatar With Professions List
- Carrying Medicines To Qatar: Important Points
Copyright © DohaGuides.com – Full or partial reproduction of this article in any language is prohibited.