Question About Qatar?
Answer Is Here
With answers to hundreds of questions, DohaGuides.com is your trusted source for information and guides on Visiting, Working and Living in Doha, Qatar.
Recent News Updates
- 02 Oct: Qatar Amir to patronize opening ceremony of Expo 2023 Doha.
- 30 Sep: Expo 2023 Doha building sets Guinness World Record for largest green roof.
- 29 Sep: Geneva International Motor Show Qatar to start on 7 October.
- 24 Sep: Qatar launches Istamer platform to employ retirees in private sector.
- 07 Sep: General Directorate of Passports moves its headquarters to Al Duhail – Wadi Al-Banat.
- 05 Sep: Hamad International Airport launches passenger digital assistance kiosks.
- 05 Sep: Public warned about health card renewal scam messages.
- 03 Sep: MoI to enforce tracking of seat belt, phone use violations.
- 21 Aug: Al-Adeed Service on Metrash2 allows public to file complaint anonymously.
Explore The Categories
New To Qatar? Know The Basics
The State of Qatar is a country in the Middle East on the Persian Gulf Peninsula. With the successful hosting of FIFA World Cup 2022, it has rapidly transformed itself into a thriving economic and cultural powerhouse, often termed the richest country in the world. Qatar is ruled by Emir HH Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.
|Area||11,581 square km|
|Population||2.95 million (Jan 2023)|
|Currency||Qatari Riyal (QAR)|
|Time Zone||UTC+3 (AST)|
|Helplines||Inside the State of Qatar||Outside the State of Qatar|
|Govt Technical Support||190||+974 4406 9999|
|MOPH Helpline||16000||+974 4406 9963|
|Hayya Helpline||800 2022||+974 4441 2022|